If the world ended, how many gallons of beer could you make?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xpertskir

Reaction score
As in what is your ingredient stockpile.

I could make around 250 gallons of average gravity, heavily hopped beer.

:rockin:

I'd be lucky to get 10gal right now. I try to minimize my brewing footprint, so having a bunch of grain on hand would take up more room than I have. I'm also low on yeast. But hops are one thing that I don't lack.

I could brew about 50 gallons with my grain stock, unfortunately my hops stock is low, but a lightly hopped beer such as a saison, I might be able to squeeze 20 gallons. I have plenty of yeast.

I figure I have supplies for about 25 gallons of 3.5% to 4.5% abv beers. None of them would be hop monsters but for potable hydration and for extra calories I think this would be of great use.

Yeah... for low to normal ABV beers (say 2 lb / gal grain bills) I have hops and grain for up to 50 gallons. 2 sacks take up a lot more room than you'd think.

Carbonation would be more of a problem. . . time to invest in that 20 lb CO2 cylinder, I guess!! (Or get some small casks).

Back