1st year trellis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinper

Reaction score
Since it all about growing the roots the 1st year ,I made this simple 10$ trellis ,with cedar 1x2 and a net used for growing green beans stapled to it. I want to hide my koi pond filters. Also I planted in the pots because I have to figure out how much sun they can have without getting burned ,it's already a scorcher here in Houston. I plan on letting all the bines grow up it

hops 002.jpg

hops 003.jpg

cool idea, I'm thinking you could easily throw another pot there and have 2 or more plants grow up that

there is another to the right ,with another trellis but a different type of hops ,didnt think I should mix

Just realize that when you want to go bigger next year, that pot will have to be broken. ;)

I have my plants in direct sunlight and it's already been close to 100 a few days. They hang out as long as you water them daily like that and keep fertility in check. The bine leaders will bruise though to show that they need water.

There taking off pretty good , semi shaded area . watering from my koi pond

finish 006.jpg

finish 007.jpg

well i hate to say it but it started when I sprayed them with a mixing bottle of water and some 20 mule team borax which can be used as a bug killer... then I unravelled one and moved it to more sun and it did not being moved. This one is justed stalled and not growing we have been getting a nice shower every day so i dont think its water , maybe to much akaline from the borax

shiro 019.jpg

shiro 020.jpg

Back