Pre-prohibition Lager questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeybeer

Reaction score
OK, I brewed a batch of preprohibition lager from NB a couple of weeks after I ordered my temp controller for the fridge.. Needless to say, it's not here yet..

I put a light in the fridge to keep it about 55, but the temp has been swinging wildly between about 45 and 70... (air temp not liquid temp!)

Should I take it out and put it somewhere that's consistently 62 until the controller gets here ??? Or keep trying to keep the temp right ??

I've decided to keep messing with the fridge, it's just to warm in here ... I'll just try to keep a better eye on the temp..

So after my assumed wildly swinging temps, it turns out the liquid temp was staying pretty close to 50, and has been there for nearly a week.. I tested the gravity today and it is at 1.014, which is within a couple of points of my estimated FG of 1.012 (based on 75% eff of Wyeast 2007 lager) ..

I just found out that I don't have to lager in a keg, and can do it in glass.. this makes me very happy, and it shouldn't screw up my pipeline nearly as bad as I had thought ( I only have 2 kegs)

Any votes for moving this bad boy for a diactyl rest ?? Should I rack before the rest or after??

I moved this to a D rest in a cool place in the house, and ...

MY PECKER FELL OFF !!!

(just checking to see if anyones reading)

I can honestly say that that has never happend to me except for one time!?!

sounds like you got it caught in a mouse trap! eeks.. a bald headed mouse!

springsteen lyrics

And some kidnapped handicap was complainin' that he caught the clap from some mousetrap he bought last night,

Back