Beer Pump for bottle filler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmoor

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am planning on building a 6 head bottle filler to help speed up my bottling process. I have been following a post on the DIY pages and I am convinced it can be done.

I ran across this pump when I was looking for a pump for my wort chiller.

Beer-Ace.jpg

http://legacy.shurflo.com/pages/Food_Service/beer/categories/beerace.html

Do think this pump will work to fill bottles with carbonated beer? I am sure it would work with uncarbonated beer just as any other pump would. I am thinking I could fill bottles off of a keg with this pump without losing much pressure. I know I could buy 6 beer guns or build some sort of counter pressure system but I might not need to with this type of pump.

Can anyone think of any reasons why this would not work?

Well, from reading it... I would say it works great with carbonated beer:

- Accepts Pressurized Beverages into Pump
- Adds additional pressure to beer system without altering CO2 volumes or introducing new gases to beer.
- Maintain high pressures in long runs without experiencing “flat” beer
- Ability to improve Quality Control on current systems that are using CO2 / Air mix or where several CO2 / N2 mix ratios are required.

Actually.. now that I read the chart at the bottom, the PSI out is really high. I am not sure you want to try to fill a bottle at that high of PSI.. not sure if thats adjustable or not.

Back