Northern Colorado - Interest check for group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColoHox

Compulsive Hand Washer
Reaction score
Hello fellow northern front range brewers! :mug:

Colorado Malting Company is doing some pretty cool stuff. In addition their selection of Colorado grown and malted grains, they also have a wide variety of malted, gluten-free grains.

Who in the Fort Collins, Loveland, Windsor (maybe Greeley) areas would be interested in a grain group buy?

The order (depending on interest) would likely be base malt:

Colorado 2-row, Pilsner, and Base pale are all $1.05/lb (which includes shipping of the pallet).

A pallet is 40-50lbs bags.

This is a good price for all local ingredients, and it keeps the $$ right here in our state.

If there is enough interest (in one variety, for now), I will make a spreadsheet on GoogleDocs to keep track of everyone.

Please post your interest and the quantity you might consider. Mods, sorry if this is premature, I wanted to check the interest before I bothered CMC any more about setting up the details.

I am in longmont I would take 2 bags
1 Colo. Belgian Style Pale Malt
1 Colorado 2-Row

Guess there aren't many of us Front Rangers here interested in grain! Have others found it cheaper locally? Best price I've seen around Windsor and Fort Collins has been north of $1 per pound for 2 row...

Guess there aren't many of us Front Rangers here interested in grain! Have others found it cheaper locally? Best price I've seen around Windsor and Fort Collins has been north of $1 per pound for 2 row...

No kidding. I thought I was just being impatient. I know there are loads of brewers here...maybe they are just not as interested. I guess ill just bump every 3 days until more people can see it.

Maybe everyone has been shoveling snow.

You may consider seeing if any of the smaller breweries up there use CMC malt. Last time they were making a run to a small Denver brewery, they sent an email to someone on homebrewtalk to add bags to the order. We didn't have to get a full pallet of 1 type.

I don't know who they emailed or whether they would do it for you but its probably worth a shot to contact them.

I'm interested. If we're limited to just one variety, put me down for 2 bags of whatever it ends up being. If it turns out that we can mix and match, I'd be interested in at least one of each, maybe 2 of each.

We are still sitting at about the same interest level, at about 25% of bags claimed.

A new shipping quote from CMC has reduced the price!!

The total, including shipping of the pallet, is now $0.99/lb.

Can you believe it, only $49.50 for a 50lb sack of Colorado grown and malted grain!?!?!?!?!

C'mon people, lets do this. Those that have responded, if you have brewing friends, start the peer pressure already!

It is going to be delivered to Fort Collins...but anyone can get in on it if they want to drive up here.

Someone from Longmont chimed in already, so please speak up if you want in!

It is going to be delivered to Fort Collins...but anyone can get in on it if they want to drive up here.

Someone from Longmont chimed in already, so please speak up if you want in!

I pass then it does not make sens to drive to FC

I live in Windsor, but work in Niwot. I travel I-25 4 days a week. I'd be willing to pick up bags in FoCo for any interested buyers in the Denver area and meet them around the Hwy 52 or Erie exits to save them from having to make the trek all the way up north.

I'm in Parker, just to far for me. If anyone gets a Denver one going I'm in for at least 150lbs.

I might be interested...but wanted to check if the order was already placed or if I still have a chance to add. LMK...Thanks!

The order is still open...unfortunately. We're only at about of 1/3 of the 40 bags claimed. Let me know what you want and tell your friends.

Yep...its me again, the interest remains pretty low.

So here's one more shot. CMC is offering free shipping! This deal keeps getting better. We can also mix and match bags in a pallet.

Email from CMC:
ATTENTION COLORADO HOMEBREWERS!*Announcing our Second Quarter HB Special:*Jason is offering FREE SHIPPING and*BULK PRICING on ONE full pallet of barley malt (40 bags),delivered to a single destination with a Colorado zip code, if ordered placed by June 1st.*$0.89/lb - $44.50/bag DELIVERED!!!**

Barley malts only: Colorado 2-Row, Colorado Base Pale, Colorado Pilsner; mix and match!!*Get the HB Club and your brew buddies together and take advantage of this special!First come, first served!!*

Only ONE pallet available!*Pass the word and keep it Colorado Proud!**Check out our*updated website for 2013!!!
www.coloradomaltingcompany.com

I'd still be in for 2 bags of 2 row and one bag of either Pale or Pilsner Malt (or just 3 bags of 2 row, depending what you can get).

Well, we're gonna do it. If you don't know already...CMC is a fantastic company, and they have generously offered to deliver our bags (half a pallet mind you) to my house, at the full pallet pricing!

This is in coordination with the Denver group buy/delivery. So please make sure you are not signing up twice. Everyone interested in coming to up to Fort Collins should sign up with me on the form linked below. The second pallet will be delivered to Our Mutual Friend in downtown Denver later Friday afternoon.

So, the final will be $44.50/bag to be delivered June 21 at about 3:00pm. I will be able to coordinate with people to pickup their bags throughout the weekend if you cannot make it on Friday.

We are currently getting 25 bags, but there is room for more orders, so please ask around.

I would prefer prepayment through paypal ([email protected]), so I don't have to convince my wife to front $1100.

If you have questions, please email me (at the address above), PM, or email [email protected].

If you are concerned about prepaying, please contact Tim @ CMC to confirm pallet delivery and that I have coordinated this with him.

Order here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ETdG2AUscJDswznStwhOxZ3xIg56rFRbv-_k6mwm9N8/viewform

Well, we're gonna do it. If you don't know already...CMC is a fantastic company, and they have generously offered to deliver our bags (half a pallet mind you) to my house, at the full pallet pricing! ...

Fantastic, I'm in. Thanks for putting this together. And doubly thanks for organizing a delivery in FC! See you on the 21st. :mug:

Thank you to everyone who has already placed an order...especially those that have already paid! I will email or PM pickup details later next week.

Last call for orders is Wednesday! There is still room on the pallet for more orders, so tell your friends.

The link to order is in post #31.

Today is last call for orders. Thank you to everyone who has signed up and paid.

There is still room for more orders.

Order is closed. Thanks to everyone who has signed up.:rockin:

I expect the pallet around 3pm Friday afternoon. I will be sending my address and contact info in the next few days to those who have not already received it.

Its here...come and get it!

ForumRunner_20130621_152400.jpg

Back