Carb Tabs Vs. Priming Sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlhammond

Reaction score
I have used both in the bottling process, what experiences have you had with the two? I started out with priming sugar but now I am using carb tabs with varying results. Just wanted I know everyone else's thoughts and experiences with the two.

Thanks and Cheers!

In my experience with the tabs, the beer is WAY over carbed. A stout with the carbonation of a hefeweizen, for example. It's too much sugar.

I use Northern Brewers priming sugar calculator and I don't feel bad if I round up. I've had excellent success with that process.

In my experience with the tabs, the beer is WAY over carbed. A stout with the carbonation of a hefeweizen, for example. It's too much sugar.

I use Northern Brewers priming sugar calculator and I don't feel bad if I round up. I've had excellent success with that process.

I've never used them but you can break them in half/quarters if a full tab is too much though can't you?

Have you noticed if it takes longer using the tabs vs. the priming sugar?

Priming sugar for sure, carb drops is just another aspect to out of your control. Its like brewing with extract, once you get the hang of it move on to the next level and be able to fine tune your beer more.

Back