Building a kegerator- fridge ideas????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corpsmanhess

Reaction score
I am looking for a mini fridge to convert into a kegerator for a pin lock keg. I bought the kegging kit from kegconnection.com so not sure visually of the size I'm dealing with yet keg and bottle wise. Does anyone have n idea of what internal cubic ft min I should be looking for on Craigslist? And does it having a freezer section in the fridge make a difference pro or neg. thanks for any input

Check out this sticky it has some good sizing info (albeit more for chest freezers.)

As far as a mini fridge. Make sure to take into account the compressor. It takes up valuable floor space.
My cornies with ball locks attached are 27 inches high if that helps at all.

No mini-fridge will fit a keg. You would be hard pressed to find a mid sized one or anything short of a full sized that would. Most homebrewers make a kreezer. Take a chest freezer & replace the thermostat to get proper temperatures. Google the term or poke around on the DIY beer section.

I just finished my kegorator. I bought an older full size fridge at a second hand store for $75(I'm lucky to have plenty of room in my basement) I looked for one that had a nice flat bottom. I can fit 4 cornies comfortably and 5 if I squeeze them in. I have my 20 lb CO2 on the outside. I have 3 taps through the door. The fridge controls are from 1-9 with 9 being coldest. I have it on 2 and it maintains 48. The benefits of a full size is I have space to cold crash if I want. I have also gained some freezer space!!! Even with thermostat so low it still makes ice in the freezer.

Back