thinkgeek diy juice to alcohol

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow $10 to make my own juice alcohol!! NICE!

or I could spend $.70 on Montrachet wine yeast and $1.50 for an airlock...

•Ingredients: yeast, organic evaporated cane juice, emulsifier.
•Net Wt.: each packet contains 1g (0.035oz) of magic

They have confirmed what we have known all these years. yeast = MAGIC

Hey, I know nothing about home brewing, but I those those kits were A) cool and B) a ripoff. How would I go about doing this myself, once I buy the airlock and yeast?

Sorry, I'm really new at this :p

There is value in the packaging and marketing so that the customer doesn't have to know enough about wine or beer making to know that he/she can get montrachet yeast for less than $1...at least, for some people. We know better, but plenty of people are willing to buy this, and the manufacturer will make money.

I actually bought one of these Spike Your Juice kits (same thing they're selling on ThinkGeek), and the alcoholic juice didn't turn out half bad. I use cranberry, and the juice was really just like dry cranberry juice. I would certainly recommend giving this a shot for anyone interested.

to correct my original post, I bought some Montrachet wine yeast yesterday for $.45

and an airlock for $.99

and one gallon of apple juice was something like $2.

That's right, ladies and gentlemen! Call now and you get the oneofakind Popeil Hooch-o-matic, but wait.... there's MORE!

I'm surprised I never made that kind of crap when I was in high school... lol.

I wonder why I never made in college. It's not like I didnt know that yeast made alcohol. I must have thought it was a more involved process.

Back