Water filters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessebaseball

Reaction score
Hi guys, I live with very hard water and my car windows can prove it. Anyways, unlike my car windows, I really love my new 2.5 corney keg. I was hoping to not mess it up with my raw tap water. Is there someway to filter the water so it goes clean into the keg?

Hi guys, I live with very hard water and my car windows can prove it. Anyways, unlike my car windows, I really love my new 2.5 corney keg. I was hoping to not mess it up with my raw tap water. Is there someway to filter the water so it goes clean into the keg?

Not that I have ever seen. What is wrong with putting a 10" filter in line with your water line?

I don't know what that is?

Culligan-HF150-Filter-Housing.jpg

Basically on my kitchen sink I just stuck a 10" standard water filter housing in line with the cold water line. All of my water is now filtered. For my carbonator setup in the basement I have another one. It's not RO quality water, but it is as good as a britta/pure. And the filters are $10 and last for a while. If you want better water you can even stick several of them together with progressively smaller filters (e.g. sediment -> carbon block -> KDF.. or whatever). It requires some plumbing though.

Back