Kegs/10lb co2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesse

Reaction score
Just wondering how many kegs everybody can force carb off of a 10 pound co2 tank... It seems like i might have a leak but i can't find it...I'm force carbing [2]-1/4 sankey barrels( 7.75 gallons) and I'm already down to 500 psi...I started out at around 800 psi at 80 degrees and now I'm at 500 psi but the temperature is at 38 degrees.The pressure is set at 27. It's been about 8 hours. should i disconnect and try to find a leak or is this normal??? I don't want to wake up to an empty tank...

I'm no gas expert but...

jesse said:
...I'm already down to 500 psi...I started out at around 800 psi at 80 degrees and now I'm at 500 psi but the temperature is at 38 degrees.

this is probably the problem. The gas in the tank will change pressure depending on the temp, pressure goes down as temp goes down as most things condense when cooled.

The pressure guage on the reg will stay constant (if temp is constant) until it's almost empty, then will drop quickly.

Back