How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
17,264 + 10 = 17,274

This was a big mistake as my wife loves it and at 16 a batch, its a great value. At least now I can brew some IPA without her bitching. :rockin: Ok, so it was a huge success and not a mistake!

17325 +1 = 17326

(yes I know, I do mini batches of strange things sometimes in a small plastic jug, happened to have a few letres of apple juice and kitzinger champagne yeast floating around.)

17326 + 5 = 17331

Tasted liked like cheap wine at 4 months. Tried it at 9 months and it tasted ok, but I wasnt excited about it as Im not a white wine fan. Added 2 cans of frozen apple juice concentrate, kegged and stuck it on an empty tap. Now Im loving it..... and to think I almost chucked it because I didnt think I would drink 5 gallons and needed the fermenting bucket. Tastes like Martinelli's sparkling cider. Can barely taste the alcohol its that mellow.

17331 + 6 = 17337

A bit bland using walmart apple juice (to be expected). I added 1 12 oz can of apple raspberry concentrate to 1 gal of the finished apfelwein for a variation, and people loved it!

Next time I will also add apple juice concentrate (or other juice concentrates) at the beginning to boost apple flavors and ABV.

Did ten galons for my first time, hope I like it :)

17,563 + 10 = 17,573

Motts from BJ's, one with Montrachet and one with T-58(had it laying around)

New to this all. Had to try making a gallon of this. Used a raw granulated sugar, but pasteurized it in half the gallon first.

17,578+1= 17,579

:D

Back