What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LoloMT7 said:
Just got home ... walked and even drove home... 4 - 6oz glasses is nothing for this cat.. now its time to have a beer!!

Was it just me or did the ruthless rye smell like hemp / mary jane?

Alan what did you drink so far? Moose Drool & Cold Smoke is that it? Did you get to the Black IPA or did i miss any? :rockin: I'm gonna go get a beer....be right back :mug:

Ruthless does seem more dank this year and I thought last years was really bitter (still great though).
I had the moose drool and the cold smoke (awesome beer, by the way). I am brewing 11gal of centennial blonde for my buddies wedding tomorrow, I plan on breaking into the black IPA during the boil.

BGBC said:
I know there are whole threads about this stuff, but is that the final product? Or will it settle out?

It will settle out almost immediately, this is just harvested. Personally I like the sediment, it adds mouthfeel. If you chill this for a few it will drop to just hazy, not milky.

image-1820468267.jpg

Terrapin Wake-N-Bake. This beer is t!ts!!!

Ruthless does seem more dank this year and I thought last years was really bitter (still great though).
I had the moose drool and the cold smoke (awesome beer, by the way). I am brewing 11gal of centennial blonde for my buddies wedding tomorrow, I plan on breaking into the black IPA during the boil.

Right on. Break in to whatever I am always down to send you more and do another trade in the future. That Bock from wildwood is a fine brew also and the Cold smoke is huge around here and goes for around 7-8 bucks a 4-pack of 16 oz cans but is definitely worth it! I don't drink much dechutes but it is everywhere and is cheap.

Oh i'm now drinking my 1st glass of my imperial Red and am thinking i got really close to the local Red that i love.

2013-02-15_19-28-18_376.jpg

it's friday night though are you sick bud?

Nope, but I'm going to a tasting tomorrow and need to give the liver a break. Can't wait for my 1000th post tomorrow which will be a picture from said tasting of all 9 of the Hill Farmsteads that I've been graciously invited to share. I can't even put my excitement into words.

When Ruthless Rye first came out I found it to be harsh, which usually means that it is bittered with Chinook, which I dislike as a bittering hop. I would love to hear that it's improved.

Schlafly T IPA- still amazing.Holy ripe tropical fruits/melting citrus finish.Juicy ass beer.Fat juicy ass...ipa

I'm having a Diesel for the first time right now. I'm not getting as much roast as I was expecting, which is a good thing because I don't like too much roast. There's maybe a light chocolate note along with a little caramel, but mostly a good, clean, dry stout.

20130215_212400.jpg

bottlebomber said:
When Ruthless Rye first came out I found it to be harsh, which usually means that it is bittered with Chinook, which I dislike as a bittering hop. I would love to hear that it's improved.

Last year, I found it to have a really sharp bitterness ( I find most of SN's beers to be this way), I do love chinook though. This year it seems really smooth and dank. I really liked last years version, I think this years is much better

Poured one bottle of my Strawberry Blonde. Got half way through and dumped it. Poured another one. That one was alright. Now moved on to my Imperial Red. Doesn't taste hot but you know how strong it is after a minute or two.

WesleyS said:
A big thanks to DisturbdChemist for sharing this. And screw you Bottlebomber! Your conspiracy didn't work! :p

No, it did though. We capped off a Lagunitas Pale Ale in the RR bottle. We knew that texans wouldn't know the difference :D

I am trying the rye APA from the newest brewery in Madison. Karben 4, which is a mile from my office, makes a nice brew; actually, their session ale is pretty good, too.

Okay, I now have an empty growler from Karben 4. I'll be there this weekend, to go for another beer. There were seven on tap the other day; I imagine that they'll all be available tomorrow. I'm genuinely excited for this; these truly are the salad days for beer drinkers.

bottlebomber said:
No, it did though. We capped off a Lagunitas Pale Ale in the RR bottle. We knew that texans wouldn't know the difference :D

Noooooo!!!!! Thwarted again! I was wondering why this thing had a plain gold cap on it. :p

A pale ale I purposely brewed to match the style of an American Pale Ale, an American IPA, an Extra Strong Bitter, and a British Pale Ale. Very happy with it. Might be first recipe I post in the Recipe section.

image-843829434.jpg

Just doughed in on overnight mash and now wondering if I should just stay up and finish I in a few hours... drinking my Chinook PA makes me giddy

A pale ale I purposely brewed to match the style of an American Pale Ale, an American IPA, an Extra Strong Bitter, and a British Pale Ale. Very happy with it. Might be first recipe I post in the Recipe section.

It's matching all 4 at once??? Or is that 3? I don't know. This Imperial Red is taking it's toll.

Impressive! :tank:

I just popped the top on a bottle of Falconer's IPA. It's definitely past it's prime. I should have known better since I've been seeing it around for a while and sure enough, this was bottled in October. Probably shouldn't have even been on the shelf, but the best I can do now is to drink it before it goes any further south.

20130215_231000.jpg

Back