Lego my Stirplate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rayfound

Reaction score
Figured I would show off a few of my upgrades I've done to move from Extract first batch to all Grain.

STC-1000 - Gotta get a heating pad today to actually use it, right now it is acting as a fancy digital thermometer. Keeping my eye out for some fridge to build a fermentation chamber with.

vxxMNzK.jpg

Stir Plate: $6.50 total invested including $4 for the stir bar at this point. Lego made a simple sturdy base. Flowervase instead of flask.

hsZfbGp.jpg

Mash Tun - Should have just bought the fittings from Bargainfittings, but when I finally decided to brew, it was going to be the next day, so I got brass TEE, Nipple, and Valve, plus fender washers and Plastic hose-barb ebows. already had the SS Braided supply hose. Not pictured was a AstroFoil cover I made for the cooler - temps dropped from 150.3 to 149.5 during 1 hour mash. I'm thrilled with everything so far.

5SCHHDm.jpg

Everything working great, just finished my 1st AG Brew (2nd overall brew) and Hopville is reporting 76% efficiency on my batch. OG was right on the mark with where I want it - Now I'm just hoping it attenuates down to where I want it to go (1.008-1.015). http://hopville.com/recipe/1675745

E9meTl7.jpg

The sippy cup is a great idea to avoid wasted beer during brewday when you inevitably knock over your glass :D

Or when you've obeyed the adage to "Relax; don't worry; have a homebrew" for the eighth time.

Good stuff! I want to see more pics of that lego stirplate!!!

Nothing too exciting: Cheapo 80mm case fan, bottlecap spacer and washer affixed to top of fan. Magnet attached to washer via magnetism. Lego was used to encase the fan and support the vessel. Worked.

7.5V power supply from something or other. Need to find a variable one eventually, but this seems to work.

yyHS8te.jpg

Back