Airlock heaven!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
I guess after organizing a few brewfests in the neighborhood, my reputation as a brewer is getting around. :drunk:

Today, a neighbor was cleaning out their garage and came across a bunch of airlocks and she thought I could use them instead of throwing them out.

Airlocks1.jpg

Apparently they used to make wine ages ago based on these airlocks since all but the 3 piece ones are made of glass. The large ones on top are over 8 inches long.

Airlocks2.jpg

Any old geezers remember these puppies?

Every once in a while somethings gotta show to remind me of a past era. We used them in HS science class. Usually found them dry the next morning. From the stains on the ceiling I don't think it was from evaporation. :D
And what a pain to fill properly.

the newer airlocks may work a little better but those old glass ones are way sexier.

Oh my god....WOW, those are awesome...Glass 3 pieces??? And those s types are amazing...

*cough* You know, I got no birthday presents from anyone this year...not even a cake. *cough*

;)

Karma, Baby. Karma. Hopefully you've got more coming to you after the homebrewing atrocities you've endured.

I think you should buy a new chest freezer, take it to the same park, and climb inside. Then, when the frat boys come to take the freezer, you can put the laser sights on your Ruger to good use! :D

Those are amazing...I would probably watch fermentation for hours if i had those. The next step is brewing enough batches to utilize all of them at once!

Back