Patience!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheChamber2113

Reaction score
I can't take it! Its been a few days shy of 3 weeks since I brewed my first beer and I'm getting ready to bottle it but I just want to drink it!! I'm not a patient guy, how do you stand it?!?

I know its tough im a new brewer and resiting the urge is brutal. Everyday i keep peeking at my bottles and admire them like a child. I whisper to my bottles "Dont you worry child, Daddys got a place for you in his belly soon". In the mean time i go to the liquor store and buy craft beer. Good luck resisting kind sir. Cheer

It gets much easier once you've got a bit of a stockpile built up. I remember it was agony waiting for my first couple batches to be ready. It's still tough sometimes waiting for a batch with a recipe I'm really excited for, but it does get easier.

I try to find craft beer that I like and then drink that to plan my next recipe. Once you get your pipeline going you won't have to worry about that.

Haha hopefully my patience pays off. Once these two are done I'll be "in the money" for a while. I'm trying to come up with a good recipe for my third batch. Maybe a raspberry wheat? Something a little different for me and summery. Just tried shock top the other day and it gave me the idea although I found their beer to be a little powerful in the artificial raspberry dept. Any recipe suggestion to take my mind off of the wait?

Brew like crazy. Once you get a good supply it is easy to wait. I have enough beer around that I do not need to rush anything. I actually have the opposite problem right now. I brewed a lot and now have. 5 fermenters full. 2 or three are ready to bottle but I don't have the time right now, so they are just going to sit until I get the time.

I've told my non-brewing friends that the time to start brewing is at least three months before they think they'd be interested in it.

The waiting is killing me.

Sample at gravity checks and bottling, a nice stash is good as well, but never stop sampling, if something does go wrong, you can pinpoint where it happened easier!

A good raspberry beer recipe is the McMenamans Ruby clone on the Tasty brew.Com site. The only change I made was to the quantity of raspberries. I was making this a few months ago when I raspberries were very out of season so I went to Walmart to get sone frozen ones. I discovered that a 12oz bag was $4 I quickly decided that 3 bags would be enough. It turned out excellent with a distinct raspberry flavor that was not over powering. I think 6 lbs. would taste more like a wine than a beer. It was a hit with the ladies (my wife most importantly) and given its color I named it Pretty in Pink.

Here is a pic of it in a McMenamans growler.
I am making another batch this weekend.

ForumRunner_20130530_180439.png

Back