Asheville, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodney

Reaction score
We're going to be in Asheville for 3 days next week. What the best 4 or 5 beer places to hit? There's a bunch near our hotel, but I want to make sure that I don't miss something great, or waste time at a mediocre pub.

What hotel are you in?
Must not miss is: Thirsty Monk, if you like Belgian beers, its the place to be.
Barleys is great, Mellow Mushroom is great, Bier Garden is quite nice. Theres all kinds of micro breweries in or near town too.

I know the french broad gives tours.

Asheville pizza & brewing is pretty cool (Beer, Pizza & a movie) and theres a homebrew store right across the street (Asheville Brewers Supply)

The Biltmore gives some good wine tastings too.

Check out Brusin Ales for the best bottle shop around.....

plenty of options.

If you go to the Biltmore, they have a house label brown ale and pale ale that are very tasty. Barley's is a must. Awesome town. We went to one restaurant that only had bottles of the local beer. The first thing the server said was an apology about the beer selection. Heaven for beer geeks.

I agreen with Rasher, Asheville is no doubt the gem of southern beercentric cities.

Pick a bar or restruant, you wont be dissapointed.

Jack of the woods is my least favorite, I had pretty crappy service, but in any other town, jack of the woods would be awsome. I'll definately go back, justnot my firstchoice.

Rodney,

Brusin ales is very close to your motel, As is Mellow Mushroom. However, every bar/tavern/spot mentioned is well with in walking distance. The only one that isnt is Asheville Pizza.

Nice motel, thats usually where we stay when the wife & I need a weekend.

I was at Jack of the Woods the other day; wasn't impressed with their house beers but their draft list was nice and the food pretty good. Mellow Mushroom, despite their generally crappy vibe usually has a great beer selection.

Didn't make it to Thirsty Monk but I hear its great. Went to Highland last time I was in town and it was a good time, think they are only open Fridays though if I remember correctly.

I've heard the tour at Pisgah is good. If you can find a bottle of their tripel don't pass it up...
Looks like it's a year-around on tap treat...

Solstice

Pisgah’s year round Belgian. A Tripel ale, this beer contains moderately fruity esters with an alcoholic complexity supported by a soft malt character. This beer is pale gold in color and 9.5% ABV. (750ml and draft)

I enjoyed Jack of the woods. Also there's a very cool pizza place with a great selection of local beers, even mead! Can't remember the name. Thirsty monk, not so much, full of beer snobs, plus Belgians don't do it for me. Much better downstairs imo.

I enjoyed Jack of the woods. Also there's a very cool pizza place with a great selection of local beers, even mead! Can't remember the name. Thirsty monk, not so much, full of beer snobs, plus Belgians don't do it for me. Much better downstairs imo.
Downstairs is the only place to be at the TM....

Back