Is this fridge too small to make into a kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IPAAAA

Reaction score
So I found a Haier NuCool fridge for sale. Here are the specs...

oolant free "Green" technology - Reversible DoorUltra-QuietAuto Defrost and Adjustable Thermostat2-Liter Bottle Storage3 Full-width Interior Shelves - Recessed Door Handle Detailed Specifications Width 17-23/32"" Depth 20-21/32"" Height 28 - 3/4"" Weight 35.2 lbs. and it 2.8 cubic feet

I am just getting into kegging and I purchased a 2 keg ball lock setup with 5lb bottle from keg connections. I don't know if this would be too cramped to make it work. Anyone else know?

I picked up a small nucool before on CL which was very small to use for a fermentation chamber. I thought it would be sufficient but I was wrong, what a waste of time. Do yourself a favor and try to find a compressor driven unit. Good luck.

What would be the minimum size I should look for?

I saw a guy the other day bring a 5lb CO2 tank and 2 - 5 gallon corny kegs into Home Depot and he went right to the appliance section.

He was test fitting them into mini fridges when I walked by him and told him to get a chest freezer instead because it holds more. He asked what I had and I told him I have a old top freezer bottom fridge for now and that i'll do a chest freezer soon.

He said that he was fed up with looking on craigslist for a mini fridge and would take the chance with bringing in his tank and kegs......hehehe

I would of chatted longer about beer but I had the kids with me. Was that anyone on here?

Good stuff. Ya I am searching craigslist now but everything is really small. There is one chest freezer that would definitely work but it is a bit big but I guess at the right price it could work.

Back