Which bag from Brewmasters warehouse for BIAB?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fine vs Coarse

• Fine Straining Bag

• Coarse Straining Bag

Results are only viewable after voting.

cyberbackpacker

Reaction score
They have a large fine straining bag, and then an extra large coarse straining bag. Either size will work fine for me, I am more interested in the fine vs. coarse. Which would be better suited for this? I am thinking the fine.

TIA

Not trying to dissuade you from buying a bag, but I made one w/ $5 worth of fabric from Hancock Fabrics. I was able to make it the perfect size for my keg. I did my first BIAB Saturday and it handled the weight fine.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am in a small town and there is zero fabric selection to make one; even drove 30 minutes away to another fabric store with zero success. So this is where I am...

I am placing an order with Brewmasters anyway, so it isn't like I am ordering specifically for the bag, and their price isn't much more than your $5 bag.

:mug:

Coarse would be my choice, although I would buy one of each and use the extra bag for hops in the BK. I bought mine from NB so can't really compare unless you knew they were the same kind.

Back