I may be in a pickle - suggestions needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beesy

Reaction score
Well,
I bought some rhizomes this year to try to grow my own hops (5 cascade and 5 chinook - all but one chinook came up). I now have a plant that has reached about 80" inside my apartment. i planned on taking all my plants up to the farm(~65 miles away) a few weeks ago, but haven't made it. Now wondering how the heck i am going to get a bunch of 48-80" tall plants in my 2003 cavalier and make it to the farm without damaging them. suggestions needed! I will be making the trip this weekend.

If you have them growing on twine or similar, just detach it from whatever it's hooked to and gently coil them up.

If you have them growing on twine or similar, just detach it from whatever it's hooked to and gently coil them up.

Second that, they are obviously quite flexible, just have to be careful. I am constantly twining and untwining mine to grow them the way I want.

Back