Help! I Dry Hopped my Keg w/ No Protection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinK441

Reaction score
Like an idiot and am now getting stuck pours, just dropped the pellets right in. Beer is fully carbonated. I've tried to take the post off and clear up but it keeps getting stuck. I even tried using a hop bag attached to the dip tube as a filter with no luck. I guess my only option is to siphon to another keg. Does anyone have any advise on do's and don'ts? Should the beer be flat before transfer? Any help would be great. Thank you!

I did something like this over the summer, I added fruit puree to my keg...dohh!!! I let the beer go flat and racked it to a fermenter. Just make sure to clean your dip tube and poppet. Cheers.

One last thing you can try is to take the spring and poppit out of your beer out post. This is usually where a clog will occur. After that, just make sure you leave your beer lines attached to your keg and tap or you will have a mess on your hands. Might be worth a try.

I have no personal experience with this, as I have never kegged anything, but you could use a hacksaw to cut and inch or so off your dip tube. Then you can use that keg in the future as a bright tank if you wish, and use it to clear your beer and then rack off the sediment.

Latest posts

Back