Is beer a common drink or a special drink for you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbaillargeon

Reaction score
Do you keep it for special occasions or are you a daily drinker?

I am a semi-frequent drinker myself allowing myself a pint on at least 5-6 nights a week.:rockin:

Lately I've been putting a 12'r of home brew in the fridge for the following weekend. Except when I might need a lil rhumatiz medicine.

When I was younger beer was something I really only drank when going out, at a BBQ or something like that.

Now I tend to have a beer most days but usually only one or two.

More of a weekend drinker myself. Weeknights I hit the gym and a beer would just dehydrate my body further.

I don't drink much so I would consider it an occcasional thing.
Some brews I save for special occasions and others I may have a few here and there.

Depends on the beer. If it is hard to get/make or pricey then it becomes a special treat. If it is easy to find/make and pretty cheap then it is just a common drink. I would never try to make DFH 120 my daily beverage of choice but I do drink beers almost every day.

More of a weekend drinker myself. Weeknights I hit the gym and a beer would just dehydrate my body further.

No way dude. Are you not drinking any water throughout the day? I drink water all day, ride my bike both ways to work, sweat plenty, I'm never dehydrated. I think a beer or two feels GREAT after a longer bike ride. You earned it.

Aside from that, I drink everyday. Would like to cut back to 1 or 2 pints a night during the week instead of 3. And cut back to maybe 4 pints on the weekends. So I'd like to think of it as a treat, but a daily treat. It's not good to over indulge.

Almost wish my beers were ready now! Forgot to give the tow guy the damn car key,tow guy didn't check,they said the'd have a driver stop by IF they're in the area,got no friends,no family anywhere near here,no other car...SONOFABIIIIIII***!!!!! Life sucks when you make a dumb once in a blue moon mistake & can't do anything about it. And then the beer ain't ready yet,just about out of vodka too...They can't start on the car without keys...Damnit,I suck out loud sometimes.:mad::(

Every night, usually not more than one or two pints. The way I see it, if I'm not drinking beer at night, I'm not learning anything. If I can't remember the beer I drank, I drank too much.

1-2 with dinner almost every night. Maybe a couple more on a Saturday if I have friends over. But it's usually one while making dinner, one with dinner, and then water or tea the rest of the night.

1-2 with dinner almost every night. Maybe a couple more on a Saturday if I have friends over. But it's usually one while making dinner, one with dinner, and then water or tea the rest of the night.

This is about as close to my beer consumption schedule as you can get! :mug:

I try to drink no more than 2 per night on weeknights (12oz bottles), sometimes I'll get carried away and have up to 5 on a Friday or Saturday night but never any more than that or I'll pay for it in the morning.

If I'm drinking strong beers (7% ABV or more) I will limit myself to 2. I always get bad hangovers so I limit myself and start drinking water a couple hours before bed time.

No way dude. Are you not drinking any water throughout the day? I drink water all day, ride my bike both ways to work, sweat plenty, I'm never dehydrated. I think a beer or two feels GREAT after a longer bike ride. You earned it.

Aside from that, I drink everyday. Would like to cut back to 1 or 2 pints a night during the week instead of 3. And cut back to maybe 4 pints on the weekends. So I'd like to think of it as a treat, but a daily treat. It's not good to over indulge.

Oh sure, cardio I could. But my gym is more weight lifting. Adding alcohol to stressed muscles from weight lifting contributes to even sore-er muscles. I think it's called rhabdo.

I'm already sore after every session at the gym and one time I went out and had a few and could barely move my arms the next day lol.

I'm fairly regular, usually drinking a couple of pints (1-3) 4 or 5 nights a week. Saturdays I usually step it up to about four for the day, unless people come over and I end up drinking more. I usually take a couple of days off if I drink more than 6 in one day.

I kind of go in spurts I guess. Sometimes I will drink a ton and drink every day while other times I will drink very little and infrequently. For the most part though I give away much more than I drink myself.

I drink a few nights a week, usually just 1 beer at the end of the day. As a fat man trying to be less fat I watch how much I drink due to calories.

On Saturday all bets are off though. :D

I used to drink 2-3 every night. Now, since I leaned down to support my ultra habit I eat 600 or less kcal twice a week which means no beers those days, run a long one twice a week which means 3 beers those days and three nights a week 2-3 beers. All mine since I'm an obsessive brewer and have probably too much to reasonably imbibe though frequent parties help! Also commercial beers just don't seem all that good compared to my own, though I do beer research on occasion.

I usually stick to social drinking. If I have a quiet week without going out or doing anything special, I'll drink maybe 2-3 beers. I'm mainly trying to avoid empty calories, since I tend to like big beers.

Couple or three beers every night. A little more on the weekend or if I'm grilling or brewing (must have beer while doing either or it just doesn't go right)

3 to 4 a night and get hammered all weekend. I'm 22 so drinking doesn't bother me... yet lol.

Drink 2-3 most evenings, but drinking homebrews is always special. Working on exercising enough to lose 20 lbs, but drinking beer I don't gain weight at least.

Like all things, there are special beers and there are common beers. I enjoy both, but I have a beer or two pretty much every day. I do go stretches without having one, but not frequently.

I usually drink one or two 10 ounce glasses of homebrew every evening. Maybe I will choke down a BMC style beer at a local golf course if they don't have decent micro brew beers and someone else is buying.

Dude:
Hide an extra key on outside of car, on undercarriage, but where you can get it without getting filthy. If car is new, it's worth it.
Do I do it? No, car is piece of crap Honduh, if it breaks down, I let the tow truck driver sell it for scrap.
Btw, I have kept repair records on my last and ONLY Fubaru. Don't 'Feel the Love', 'Sand the Rust!"!!! I can prove what it really costs to own a Fubaru POS.

I started this year with a "drink a beer you never had a day" resolution. Its now turned into about 3 new beers a day. But at the same time, that is about all I will drink. So beer is special to me in that sense but also a common thing. I don't buy a 6 pack and just pound them, and I probably haven't bought a 12 pack in years.

Same for brewing, I do small batches and enjoy having one a week, or sharing a couple with a few friends. 1-2 a week makes keeping the pipeline going much easier.

Trying to keep beer drinking to the weekend. But my wife works every second weekend so oftentimes her "weekend" doesn't overlap mine. What kind of husband would I be if I didn't have a beer or two with her (even if she's drinking wine) when she gets a chance to relax?

I've cut back a little since i've been sick with this damn mastoid infection. I might have a couple of beers during the week but I pretty much save it for my usual Sunday bottle share in the town where I live.

No, I really don't drink a lot. I'd have to say I give away most of my brew. I rather enjoy watching others enjoy it even more than I enjoy it. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE beer, I just don't drink a lot. I do use it when I cook -and when I'm smoking meats (like pulled pork or ribs, if its going to take hours in the back yard) I'll pull a pitcher or two and yeah, then I'm pulling them down with my favorite mug -of when friends and family gather, I'll bring a couple of kegs over and enjoy -but otherwise at home, the keg lasts a long time in the kegerator.
My favorites tend to be a honey-brown ale and a porter -they tend to take age pretty well :D

I have a pint most nights, on Saturday night or on special occasions I'll have 3, it's rare I have more than 3 in one evening.

I contain my "serious" drinking (say more than 3 or 4 beers) to Friday and Saturday nights, but I'll fairly often have a single beer one or two nights in the week. I used to have one or two beers pretty much every night in the week but I cut down to help lose weight.

Although if I often end up going out with work during the week and that means I end up drinking more (especially if the company is paying...)

I tend to not have beer as often as i would like as I am between jobs, but when things are going good I tend to have 3-4 22oz bottles a week.

I usually drink 1-2 beers a day all week, also in the weekends. Some might say that its a bad habbit to drink all week. I don't think so. I never drink to get highly intoxicated, as I don't really like the feeling of getting wasted, and I usually only drink after I am done for the day. Sometimes I wonder if it is more culturally accepted to binge drink anything with alcohol in it going out Friday and Saturday that it is to drink regularly during the week. Shouldn't be so.

Back