Three Floyds XI anniv. beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snazzy

Reaction score
fantabulous resplendence from last year was an over the top IPA at around 100ibu's. An awesome beer.

This years I just opened a bottle expecting the same thing and what I got was a bland, barely a scent of hops supposed jasmine infused IPA.

I thought it to be very boring for 3F's. Any one else tried one? Hope I just got a bad bottle!

Had it at the brewery on draft, and yes compared to last years stuff it is a joke. Maybe I should give them credit for stepping outside of their comfort zone. The beer isn't bad, really it's not, it just isn't great either. If I had paid the ridiculous $10 per bomber price for it I'd be seriously let down. Being the hop gods of the Midwest a Floyds' anniversary ale is expected to be nothing short of hop magic, idling around 9-10% ABV, 100 IBUs with the malt to back it up, and a hop aroma that punches you in the face from across the table.

Back