A new beer style...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's called Kolsch w/ a splash of black gromit...I finished brewing a batch last night. I pitched the yeast and put on the lid. While i was putting in the airlock i noticed that the Gromit( i dont know what else you call it)was pushed in alittle. Just alittle on one side, but i didn't think it was an issue, so i left it..I was just looking at the airlock to see if there was any activity. None. I know that doesn't mean that much, but since there might be alittle airleak i thought i should change the lid.
As i was taking out the airlock, i think the little black gromit fell in the wort...I'm not totally sure but i can't find it..Also, the wort hasn't changed in 24 hours. I put it in a waterbath. It might be too cold, so i took the pail out of the water.
I usually don't stress about my homebrew, but i wasn't sure what to do. if anything.

Bulls Beers said:
It's called Kolsch w/ a splash of black gromit...I finished brewing a batch last night. I pitched the yeast and put on the lid. While i was putting in the airlock i noticed that the Gromit( i dont know what else you call it)was pushed in alittle. Just alittle on one side, but i didn't think it was an issue, so i left it..I was just looking at the airlock to see if there was any activity. None. I know that doesn't mean that much, but since there might be alittle airleak i thought i should change the lid.
As i was taking out the airlock, i think the little black gromit fell in the wort...I'm not totally sure but i can't find it..Also, the wort hasn't changed in 24 hours. I put it in a waterbath. It might be too cold, so i took the pail out of the water.
I usually don't stress about my homebrew, but i wasn't sure what to do. if anything.

On second thought what brand and style of yeast did you use?

I wish I had tried that yeast. I have had a heck of a time with the Wyeast. Had to make 2X starters and fear I may need 2 more before I brew my Kolsch. On the bright side my new Oxygenator arrives on Monday and I am going to weld extensions onto my work chiller so that I get no more hose pop offs.

Latest posts

Back