Homebrew shops in baltimore?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellmtbbq

Reaction score
Hi, I'm in Baltimore this afternoon and was wondering whether anyone knows of a homebrew shop in Baltimore, besides the one in Columbia. I can't get to that one today and they're closed tomorrow. Thabjs

Alright thanks. Thats weird, such a big city, no stores in the center of it. Going to be in DC tomorrow an besides one in Virginia suburbs and some brewery that sells stuff Thu-Sunday, I can't find anything in the city.

I'm a few days late here, but to everyone lamenting the lack of homebrew shop in Baltimore, we'll be opening our doors in late December/early January. We're a full-service homebrew store and Baltimore's first brew-on-premise. We're located at Meadow Mill in Hampden, right across the street from the Union brewery.

If you want more info you can check us out at nepenthehomebrew.com, or on facebook and twitter (@nepentheHB).

Good to know! *goes to have a look*

EDIT: Nice looking site! Can't wait 'til it's got some content. :D

Heh, neither can we! Our facebook is the best way to keep track of our progress for now, we're working feverishly on getting everything else ready.

Are there any other shops than Nepenthe in the Baltimore area, specifically North of the city up 95, such as White Marsh or something? By the way, I don't have any problems with Nepenthe (haven't been there, although I am hoping to go today), just looking for something closer to Havre de Grace...

Thanks,

Don

Are there any other shops than Nepenthe in the Baltimore area, specifically North of the city up 95, such as White Marsh or something? By the way, I don't have any problems with Nepenthe (haven't been there, although I am hoping to go today), just looking for something closer to Havre de Grace...

Thanks,

Don

Google says there's a shop in Aberdeen, but the website listed on the google maps page looks like it's for somewhere in Seattle (link). I've never been here, so can't say much about it.

There's also The Thirsty Brewer (http://www.thirstybrewer.com/index.php), which I have been to. They have somewhat limited hours and a smallish shop, but they're friendly guys and have most everything you'd need.

Hey bdh,

Thanks for the response. I mapped directions to the shop that is allegedly in Aberdeen, and it led me to a house in a development. No brew shop.

Since my last post, I had the privilege of going to Nepenthe in Baltimore. It was a hike from HdG, but these guys were great. I even told him about my commute, and he was nice enough to tell me about the Thirsty Brewer in Baldwin stating, "I am in no way affiliated, but I know you have to drive a long way". His offer to lose my business to someone else for my benefit spoke volumes as far as I am concerned. I rarely get to Baltimore, but when I am there, I will stop in at Nepenthe to show my support.

Back