5/8" Stainless Steel Washer for MLT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacobyhale

Reaction score
OK, so with no luck finding a 5/8" stainless steel fender washer....I was wondering if using a different type of washer that was the same size and SS would work? Is the Fender part of the equation absolutely neccesary, or could I get away with a different type?

I couldn't find one anywhere.

I use a 3/4" and it BARELY grips on the NPT connector...but it works with no leaks.

But I think I had to spend a minimum of about $20 for them to ship. I needed other things anyways, so it worked out. But you'll find an assortment of SS washers here. I didn't get fender washers, just regular SS flat washers.

I've been using them for months, and they work great!

www.nutsandbolts.com.

Worth a shot....

OK, sweet. I think I'll just get the flat washer then. I could always ghetto rig something if need be. I will brew my first AG batch tomorrow....whether I have to make a washer myself or not.

I currently have neoprene? washers on mine.

Give skifast1 a PM if you're looking for the washers, he bought a bunch of them in bulk to make his tun and he's been selling them for $1 each. I just got mine (3) from him this week and haven't had time yet to swap them out. I'm not sure if I got the last ones or not, but if he still has some that saves you time from having to do it over or buying in bulk.

Back