cream ale extract batch in process need advice.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madbird1977

Reaction score
Doing a nb recipe for there cream ale extract. Used honey malt .75 lbs and .25 belgian biscuit. Added 6 lbs pilsner malt lme and @ 60 in the boil added 1 oz cluster hops . Ok 30 mins left I have centennial. Rouge inpenpendent. Amarillo. Saaz Czech. Williamellte.citra. fuggle. what should I toss in and when to make it superb. ?????? And go!

Follow their recipe, its excellent I had one of my nb all grain cream ales last night its one of the best I've brewed.

Try brewing (if you like this recipe enough) the exact recipe 5 times using different hops. Save a few bottles from each and compare. That will give you some idea of what hops you may like the most.
Keep tasting notes beforehand because the first batch will mellow and change in the bottle by the time you age the last batch. Or just have one mad brew weekend.
I tried this and it sorta let me know which hops I would avoid. There are so many varieties, it would take years to know hops for sure. But definitely keep your ROUGE-EXPERIMENTAL attitude!

I was planning on doing this same thing with my next brew. Highly Hopped Cream Ale Extract.

Latest posts

Back