time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tripplehazzard said:
You got it man! Hgaha .. I think I sent you one. :) its boulevards 80 acre. Their hoppy wheat beer.

Haha yes you did. Very tasty brew. Ok coming up next.

Here we go.

image-2426296545.jpg

Looks like an F&B setting, so commercial beer. Doesn't look to have much head, so I'm using my guess to say:

NB Fat Tire Amber Ale

Yea im prettysure ive never seen any new belgium by me in NY. We get great divide and breckenridge from CO but i havent seen NB.

Yea im prettysure ive never seen any new belgium by me in NY. We get great divide and breckenridge from CO but i havent seen NB.

Supposedly they are going to be covering all 50 by the end of the year.

It is great, the moment I became obsessed with good beer was on my first taste of fat tire. They are building a brewery in Asheville, NC, so I think they will be expanding to more east coast markets soon. I can't believe it's not in NYC!

Anyway, on with the guesses!

Here we go: best hint ever combine the first half of chocotacos answer with the second part of Jdaughts answer, and...you get the answer.

chocotaco said:
Irish pale ale?

You got it! Mcsorleys irish pale ale. Brewed by pabst actually haha. Wasnt all that great but not terrible either think the lines in the place couldve used some freshening up. That pint kept me out of the rain for a half hour so it did the trick. Youre up next choco!

You know what chocotaco. I just read the review on beer advocate and under style it is labeled an irish red. So you were correct youre first time through. My bad dude. glad you are still the one posting a pic :mug:

Dave, have you had their black lager, and if so, what did you think? I also basically found their pale ale serviceable, but though the black lager was quite a bit better (not that they're exactly comparable). I had no idea it was brewed by Pabst.

McCoy said:
Dave, have you had their black lager, and if so, what did you think? I also basically found their pale ale serviceable, but though the black lager was quite a bit better (not that they're exactly comparable). I had no idea it was brewed by Pabst.

Yes ive had their black lager as well. Ive been to THE mcsorleys in NyC and its a pretty cool
Spot. Only 2 choice of beer to choose from. Dark or light. It is pretty ironic how the 2 beers in new yorks oldest bar are brewed in CA.

I've haven't gone to the bar yet, though I've been meaning too. I've walked past it plenty enough.

Back