jungle jim's grocery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

friarjohn

Reaction score
Anyone ever goto jungle jim's? i just read an article in this months Chile magizine. I looked on their website, it looks awesome! its 5 hours each way according to mapquest. Thats along way to go shopping, but they look to have everything!they even have a homebrewing section. I need a store like that close to my house.

They're about an hour away from me. First time there I spent just over $100 on single bottles. I love going. I wouldn't say it's worth a dedicated 5 hour drive though. But there's plenty more to do in Cincy to make a nice weekend trip for sure! I just go for the beer, but they have everything that relates to food from any country.

Don't work for CAT do you?

About 1 hour north east.

FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

If it were any nearer I would be broke.

Get the roasted red jalapenos!!!!!

GO!!!!!

Plan a trip to King's Island, or a ball game, or something else near cincy and GO!!!

I used to live in Dayton and would make the trek every so often. Wonderful!

I agree to the "make it a weekend" thing...do some stuff in Cincy or go to the Air Force Museum in Dayton, which is only a little over an hour away. If you like that kind of stuff, I think it's better than the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.

I'm a journalist for the Fiery Foods Industry so every year I make the 4.5 hour trek down there for their Annual Weekend of Fire. It's an AMAZING place. The place is huge, they have a great selection of beer (and some homebrew stuff too!), the cigar guy knows his stuff, and the amount of food they have is staggering.

Actually, you know that article you read in the magazine? Those are my pictures ;) The article was written by the people I write for.

I always go when I visit Cincinnati. I used to be there every week when I lived there. I can get Sleeman Cream Ale there - the only place I have seen it south of the border.

Hell, I live in California and have made the trek to Jungle Jims! That place is the best grocery store I have ever been to anywhere!

Of course I have family in Dayton :)

I dont work for cat, but the are close. this area is alive because of cat. i do believe we will be making a trip sooner rather then later.

If you do make the trip watch the expiration dates of the exotic food they dont always sell quickly. Make sure to use the restroom when your there. They have some interesting toilets

If you do make the trip watch the expiration dates of the exotic food they dont always sell quickly. Make sure to use the restroom when your there. They have some interesting toilets

That is true! During the NHC last year, Richbrewer and I made the drive to Jungle Jim's. We didn't know where it was, exactly, but we figured it out when we saw the big amusement park rides in the front yard.

Restrooms are awesome. Beer selection was pretty good, and the foods were terrific. I went to an "olive bar" type place and grabbed some finger foods to have with all the beer I was drinking. It was not a cheap place, but definitely worth the visit. If I make it back to Cincinnati, I'll be sure to stop in again.

Yes, +1 to the bathrooms.

I did some work for a couple weeks at the CAT plant in Peoria, didn't really see anything else in the area :) Got a nice zip-up hoodie from their store though!

Beer selection was pretty good...
What?!! You must be spoiled rotten. THat selection is FANTASTIC for me! You did see the single bottles isles along with the 6 pack aisles right?

I live about three miles from it. They have a lot of beer and good food. I love the place.

What?!! You must be spoiled rotten. THat selection is FANTASTIC for me! You did see the single bottles isles along with the 6 pack aisles right?

Oh, no I'm not spoiled! However, I had been at the NHC for the past few days and had some of the best beers in America served to us the night before, on Pro Brewers night. So, I grabbed a few things I didn't see there, or at that party store in KY. Overall, a pretty darn good selection- probably one of the top in Ohio.

Better? ;)

I live 5-10 min from JJ's and I love it. I try to go up there two or three times a month. The homebrew section is just OK, but their beer and wine selection can't be beat. Same's true about their cheeses. They have a great humidor and cigar events every Thursday. I try to hit those up when it's a bit warmer outside.

Yes thank you:)

Same's true about their cheeses. They have a great humidor and cigar events every Thursday. I try to hit those up when it's a bit warmer outside.

+1 on the cheese. I want to curb some of my beer money sometime and try some cheeses, but it's so hard not to just spend it all on beer when I'm only there a few times a year.

Had lunch @ their sushi bar yesterday, they are up to 1400 beers now. they also have a respectable homebrew supply section.

The selection of Produce is off the freaking MAP, their selection of PASTA is.....

You get the idea. Even if you are a mentally challenged Musk rat.

It is worth the trip.

Back