My beer labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenmc

Reaction score
Well since I asked for this forum, I guess it's only fair that i post up my labels for all to admire/criticise/s****** at/deride/copy.

My first label was a simple affair, incorporating the McCullagh coat of arms.
weiss-beater.png

I then made one for the Bock beer, where I made the name of the brewery : The Badgers Arse Brewing Co.
BockBeer.png

Since then I've made a few for Friends' Birthdays and partys.
This was for a friends 30th bday
madebyken.png

and this for a leaving party for someone going travelling round the world
binge.png

I made one for my Christmas brew
christmas_new.png

my Abbey Ale
abbey_inside.png

and 2 for my duvale (duvel clone) the first I didn't like so much so redid it
duvale.png

it's now:
duvale_girl.png

And thats it for the moment!
Thanks for looking
Ken

Nice labels Ken!

Do you draw the pics by hand and then scan? or mostly use clipped images and gimp?

Lots of fun. I've actually never made labels for mine.

Keegan

Fantastic Labels! - Are you sure you're not a pro artist with a burning desire to be a half decent homebrewer? :D Good work mate

Thanks all, glad you like them.
No Caplan, I'm defo not an artist - pro or otherwise (oh maybe a pi$$ artist is all!)
MrKeeg, the images are all "borrowed" from the web.I figure that since it's not for profit, no harm done.
Orfy. instructions would be really difficult to do for me - it's mostly just trial and error, playing with it and so on until I achieve reasonable results. I think it's easy to se the improvements I've made as time goes on :)
There are tutorials on the web though which I've used - eg the brushed metal in Binge, the flames in the Duvales.
I can spend quite a bit of time playing with them, it's by no means a quick process (it took me AGES to seperate the devil-girl from the original background she came with!)
Really, just play with it and see how it goes. I mean what's the worst that can happen?

Latest posts

Back