Too much Hops!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 574

Dirty blonde
Reaction score
Ok, I'm "cutting" my hopsdirect 1# of cascade & 1# of Nugget weighing in at a total of 4# of hops into 1oz & 2oz bags and vacumm sealing them. I have 12 1oz bags of nugget so far and it barely looks like I made a dent in the big bag yet. This is NUTS! I got to find brew buds in Tucson to share the load with. I got "resin" all over my hands ;).

Yea, I'm whining and bitching over the deal I got :eek:. Unbelievable. I brought the bag into the local brew pub and he was amazed at the price point. He owes me for finding him a new vendor.

Now that I've purchased through Hops Direct I'm wondering if I can brew every beer for the next 2 years with the same 3 hop varieties!

Dude said:
Why 1 oz. bags? Yikes!

I just do 4-8 ounce bags, open, measure out and use what I need and reseal. It's a snap!!!!!

Doh! Cuz I've been drinking :mug:. I'm a friggen moron. :eek:

Dude said:
Are you smoking the hops too?
So who here has actually tried this? Honest answers only please...I only want to hear about it if you did it on purpose, not about the time someone beat you for $100 for an oz or oregano. :D

Dude said:
LOL....

Are you smoking the hops too? :p

:mug:

As I was cutting up the product into smaller bags & weighing them it did remind me of my younger, wilder days. But no, my paraphernalia has long since been discarded and all the toilet paper rolls were full :D.

desertBrew said:
As I was cutting up the product into smaller bags & weighing them it did remind me of my younger, wilder days. But no, my paraphernalia has long since been discarded and all the toilet paper rolls were full :D.
where's your ingenuity? Apples, beer cans, plastic bottles, paper receipts???
:ban::ban::ban:
I freakin love the dancin' banana! Look, its a chorus line

Back