Black Friday Cool Brewing Fermentation Cooler Sale!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolBrewing

Reaction score
We say why wait until next week to have a black Friday Sale? Why not start now!

Cool Brewing is now offering 15% off fermentation coolers from now through November 30th!

Just use promo code “ Brewfri15 “

Happy Holidays!:mug:

Just placed an order. My poor cobbled together SoFC is going to feel so inadequate compared to this thing.

Ordered mine yesterday. I'm pumped to get back into brewing! Not being able to control fermentation temps had be discouraged.

Thank you! Glad we could help! Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or if we can help with anything else.

Cheers,

Here's a question for you about these... What's the tallest item that will go into one of these? Will a sanke keg, fitted with an airlock (or blow-off tube) fit? How well will it keep warm temperatures in? Such as fermenting in a 50-55F basement and wanting to increase the temperature of the fermenter a little, and hold it there.

Here's a question for you about these... What's the tallest item that will go into one of these? Will a sanke keg, fitted with an airlock (or blow-off tube) fit? How well will it keep warm temperatures in? Such as fermenting in a 50-55F basement and wanting to increase the temperature of the fermenter a little, and hold it there.

Good Questions! Our Fermentation Coolers are sized 21.5”X 26.5” (DxH) (inside). Snake Keg sizes can vary with the type of coupler used and airlock so I would recommend measuring yours with the airlock to see if it would have room with these dimensions.

Our Fermentation Cooler will insulate the heat just as well as the cold. We have tested with heat up to 115 degrees F for durability.

We have customers that ferment lagers in a fridge and use the natural heat generated from primary fermentation to raise the temperature and if needed add a warm bottle in the cooler to raise temperatures further.

See link to post for further information on this:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f41/ne...tation-cooler-296052/index21.html#post4421298

Hope this helps!

Good Questions! Our Fermentation Coolers are sized 21.5”X 26.5” (DxH) (inside). Snake Keg sizes can vary with the type of coupler used and airlock so I would recommend measuring yours with the airlock to see if it would have room with these dimensions.

Our Fermentation Cooler will insulate the heat just as well as the cold. We have tested with heat up to 115 degrees F for durability.

We have customers that ferment lagers in a fridge and use the natural heat generated from primary fermentation to raise the temperature and if needed add a warm bottle in the cooler to raise temperatures further.

See link to post for further information on this:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f41/ne...tation-cooler-296052/index21.html#post4421298

Hope this helps!

Snake kegs??? Sanke kegs hoss... Let me guess, you're using an iOS powered device (ipaddle, iphoney, etc.) :rolleyes: :smack:

My 1/4 barrel SANKE keg, with airlock fitted needs about 30" of height, and 11" of width. I have a 50L keg that's a bit shorter, but full width (15" diameter).

I guess it really comes down to how well will they work when something needs more height than they default to. Is that 26.5" height pretty set, or will it not press down on the airlock on my keg?

Oh, and I really don't want to go through 200+ posts about this. Was just asking a [fairly] simple question. Since it's uncertain if it will actually work in this case, I'm not inclined to spend money on it. Especially when I can make something from Reflectix to insulate the fermenters when needed. I already have that material on hand, so it's just a matter of cutting and taping it together. <30 minutes worth of work total (more like half that). :tank:

Update... Just cut what was needed off the roll of Reflectix I have on hand for one of the sanke fermenters. Took not even 15 minutes to cut the two pieces (one to go over the top, the other around it) and secure it to the keg. I'll be checking it in the morning to see how well it holds the temperature.

Snake kegs??? Sanke kegs hoss... Let me guess, you're using an iOS powered device (ipaddle, iphoney, etc.) :rolleyes: :smack:

My 1/4 barrel SANKE keg, with airlock fitted needs about 30" of height, and 11" of width. I have a 50L keg that's a bit shorter, but full width (15" diameter).

I guess it really comes down to how well will they work when something needs more height than they default to. Is that 26.5" height pretty set, or will it not press down on the airlock on my keg?

Oh, and I really don't want to go through 200+ posts about this. Was just asking a [fairly] simple question. Since it's uncertain if it will actually work in this case, I'm not inclined to spend money on it. Especially when I can make something from Reflectix to insulate the fermenters when needed. I already have that material on hand, so it's just a matter of cutting and taping it together. <30 minutes worth of work total (more like half that). :tank:

Update... Just cut what was needed off the roll of Reflectix I have on hand for one of the sanke fermenters. Took not even 15 minutes to cut the two pieces (one to go over the top, the other around it) and secure it to the keg. I'll be checking it in the morning to see how well it holds the temperature.

Damn iOS auto corrections….:smack:

I would say 30” of height is too tall for our fermentation cooler. It would be stretched too tight on your airlock.

Given your situation in a shorter fermenter our cooler would help in increasing wort temperature in a 50-55 degree basement by holding in the heat given off during primary fermentation.

Damn iOS auto corrections….:smack:

I would say 30” of height is too tall for our fermentation cooler. It would be stretched too tight on your airlock.

Given your situation in a shorter fermenter our cooler would help in increasing wort temperature in a 50-55 degree basement by holding in the heat given off during primary fermentation.

Well, with my single layer of Reflectix on the fermenter, I only lost a single degree (F) overnight. I'm applying some warmth to it now, and will see how that holds over the next several hours. I can always add another layer to it and see how that works. I have a large enough roll of the stuff on hand, so it's no biggie (for me).

I'm getting sick of the swamp cooler. While effective, I just hate having to clean the cooler all the time. I also like the idea of being able to warm up my batch towards the end of fermentation by throwing in a heating pad or something. Order placed!

Hey Cool Brewing... Planning on having this deal again this year? Kinda wanna order a couple.

Hello,

Yes we plan on having a Black Friday sale again this year! We will make a new post Thursday for a sale starting this weekend to run through the 30th.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back