Best mini-fridge for a kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickmv

Reaction score
OK, so I noticed that a few years back, there was a Sanyo mini-fridge that was a godsend for kegerator conversion people. That fridge of course has been discontinued.

I'm looking to get a nice kegerator setup going with capacity for at least two 5-gal kegs and a small tank. Is there currently a popular fridge that everyone's using right now? I'm also open to chest freezers that could hold 4 kegs. I want to be able to fit a carboy in for fermenting. Looking to keep my costs to around 400 bucks tops (not including kegs)

Any recommendations?

People seem to be liking the Frigidaire 4.4 cu ft LFPH44M4LM. I just picked one up today for $189 from my local Lowes, it seems more then large enough to fit two ball lock kegs and a 5lb CO2 bottle without any major modifications, just pull the crisper drawer and freezer shelf and away you go.

OK, so I snapped this morning and ordered a 7cu ft GE chest freezer. These are apparently popular for conversions, and can hold 4 kegs AND a 10lb tank. $168 after $10 coupon code (HDJUNE10). Free delivery.

OK, so I snapped this morning and ordered a 7cu ft GE chest freezer. These are apparently popular for conversions, and can hold 4 kegs AND a 10lb tank. $168 after $10 coupon code (HDJUNE10). Free delivery.

Solid deal, you should make a separate post to share that sale with everyone! That freezer's normally $230. I bought one about a month ago but ended up paying the same as you, Best Buy had it on sale so I got HD to price match and beat by 10%.

thanks for the heads up on the GE 7cf freezer. I was at HD yesterday and took pics of the 5cf and 7cf freezers. Great deal with the $10 discount.

what is the best way to do these? Is it tall enough inside to do without a collar and use towers? or do you need to add a collar and shank faucets?

what is the best way to do these? Is it tall enough inside to do without a collar and use towers? or do you need to add a collar and shank faucets?

I think it's tall enough to do the tower (don't quote me on that) but most people go the collar route.

Nickmv, good on ya for sharing the deal. I bet you've made a lot of hesitant people take the keezer plunge!

Te best one is a free one.

Ie fit 2 bal lock kegs in a 4.4 cubic foot fridge. It's tight but it fits.

I'd really pay attention to the bends when you relocated the freezer. I noticed both of mine run 24/7 after bending the freezer part down. I just moved it with my hands and thought I did a good job keeping it straight but I'm just letting you know it might be common for the fridge to run all the time.

Back