Supplementing with a heat stick

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian74

Reaction score
I typically do a partial mash on the stove top and boil ~3 gallons. The boil never gets going as well as I would like so I am considering adding a heat stick to the arsenal. Obviously, I would not need one that could carry the whole load of the boil, just something to help out. Any suggestions?

1500W (which is typically as low as you'll find at the big box stores) should do just fine, if you're pot is large enough you should be able to maintain a full boil (6gals or so) using the stove and heatstick. If you are doing just the ~3gals you will likely be able to get by with just the heatstick. The 1500W heating element will run on any standard 15A GFCI protected outlet with a little room to spare.

In the winter; I use a 1500W heatstick with my stove. It boils 6 gal just fine.

Thanks, I've seen heating elements in the store...is this something I will have to wire a plug on or are heat sticks sold ready to go?

Latest posts

Back