simple, distinct, and recognizable. Thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it. It'd be too cluttered with anything else (though I like the idea of the flag background, I think it'd detract from the simplicity).

Bob

I'm not sure I just like the clip art + text style either.
While the image is recognizable, it's a fairly low quality clipart and something about it just doesn't match the text/font style used.

i think it either needs a splash of color, or if you're going to stick with b/w - use a font that fits the style better. Try to find something that looks like the font in the Washington Post.

Interestingly, I could see that as an style for a Washington brewery - make all the labels look like "front page news" of the Post (just change the "Post" to brewery).

Just my 0.02, please feel free to ignore me. :)

How's this for a label?

washingtonianslabel.jpg

I just knocked it up real quick, and if you want it, use it however you like. I think you mentioned that you'd like to sell your beer. I tried to make something that would look a bit more professional (although not totally, but it's what I could do).

I have the PhotoShop PSD file here if you decide to use it. If you don't, s'cool... the more practice I get with PS, the better.

Whoaaaaa thats very cool. Wow thank you so much for taking the time to work on my label. This site has the coolest people on it in the world. I totally would like it. My email is [email protected] . Thanks again!

The picture of the Capitol building was released under the GNU public licence, just so you know... the fonts, I'm not sure about... The 'Washingtonians' font is a stock Windows font, I think, but the 'Brewing Company' bit is one I got off DeviantArt. If you have any concerns about using copyrighted material when selling your beer, then you can always change it. I don't think anyone will notice, though :p

Emailed you the PSD.

Oh, and I left you some space in the bottom right and upper left for Alc %, beer style, and whatnot. Can just use a simple sans-serif font for that.

Latest posts

Back