Righteous Leicht Beir

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willie3

Reaction score
Has anyone had a chance to see how this is made. I understand that you blend two brews together. In Zymurgy there was an article that talked about Righteous Liecht bier and gave a recipe for the Pislner but said to mix it with the Leicht beir and gave no recipe for it.

I assume then that the pilsner is then mixed with any light beer you make?

The recipe sounds awesome and I want to brew it but want to know if my assumption is right.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

-WW

Doesn't leicht bier mean light beer in german, maybe it is a recipe for a light pilsner?

That is what I assumed but it seems that there is a recipe missing for a beer to blend with the Pilsner. The article is written a bit vague.

Thanks for the imput.

- WW

I think you misread a bit and they worded it very poorly.
It says:

Brewing Righteous Leicht Bier requires blending two different beers. A German style Pilsener with an OG of 1.048 and a BU of about 35 should be brewed the week before, fermented and lagered at 35F. A portion of this lagered Pilsener will be blended with the brewed, fermented and lagered Leichtess Bier.

So the recipe is for the Leicht Bier but you have to also brew a pils to blend it with.

So they gave us the recipe for the Pilsner but not the Leichtess Bier. Gotcha.

Poorly written is right.

"Now lets cut the shuck and jive and get on with the brew."

- WW

Back