What's your favorite hot sauce?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of cock sauce lovers,Sriracha, I admit i love it too but I still chuckle to myself ever since i heard someone call it cock sauce.
It and Tabasco chipotle are my gotos, reminder to me, make habanero mango sauce again;)

Frank's and Sriracha are my go-tos. :fro:

Regular Tabasco is too vinegar-y, but I like their jalapeno sauce. Yucateca habanero verde is good as well.

I have a bottle of Blair's After-Death, and I tried for a while to power through adding it directly to eggs and stuff, but it's a little too much. On the other hand, a few drops in a batch of chili...perfect.

A lot of cock sauce lovers,Sriracha, I admit i love it too but I still chuckle to myself ever since i heard someone call it cock sauce.
It and Tabasco chipotle are my gotos, reminder to me, make habanero mango sauce again;)

That Tobasco Chipotle is excellent. I accidentally got it once, and loved it to the last drop.

I'm surprised to see so much love for Cholula and Valentina and so little for Tapatio. Around here Tapatio is the standard at most restaurants and roadside food stands. The exception would be that many of the more seafood oriented Mexican places seem to prefer Cholula.

In my house we use a lot of sambal oelek, siracha, tapatio, el pato (green can), franks, and a green jalepeno sauce made locally by Poblano Hot Sauces.

Just finished with a batch of my homemade roasted jalepeno/habenero hot sauce. All bottled up and ready to roast some tails.

Sounds great - how do you make it? I want to try that myself one of these days.

For me, Franks is #1, followed by Siracha and Tabasco.
I have a collection of about a dozen or more hot sauces.
Trader Joe's Jalapeno is actually really good - I keep a bottle of that at my desk at work for needs.
I found a new one not long ago, Hank's Sauce from New Jersey. Not killer spicy, but really good flavor. When I knock of the bottles I got, I will need to order some more - they do ship.

It was an accident once, then on purpose every time after that. :)

I had a similar experience with transvestite hookers.

The best I've ever had is Laughing Bull, which is for some strange reason only available if you mail in a billion Marlboro UPCs or something like that. Since I don't smoke, I prefer Sriracha (I call it rooster sauce) or Cholula.

Ditto on the Vietnamese Chilli Sause (Sriracha) - hands down.

tn_sriracha1.jpg

I was just going to ask the post a few up from you what this one is like as I have eye'd it up a few times in the "ethnic" isle of our supermarket. Looks like I will be getting some now! Cheers guys!

And that is now what I will call it too! :D

This was one of the only Scotch Bonnet sauces that kept me wanting more...

Of the more pedestrian varieties though I go trough Franks RedHot and Tobasco like its going out of style. I know that's not cool or trendy but it's the truth.

image-4035609527.jpg

...also, my brother loves Squire Morgan's volcano sauce...buys it by the case. It's a sweeter Thai style sauce but it's damn good too....

image-3021347340.jpg

Sounds great - how do you make it? I want to try that myself one of these days.

For me, Franks is #1, followed by Siracha and Tabasco.
I have a collection of about a dozen or more hot sauces.
Trader Joe's Jalapeno is actually really good - I keep a bottle of that at my desk at work for needs.
I found a new one not long ago, Hank's Sauce from New Jersey. Not killer spicy, but really good flavor. When I knock of the bottles I got, I will need to order some more - they do ship.

Pm'd you the recipe. Enjoy!

My favorite is Franks, but I'll take one of the big bottles of Regular hot sauce use up a enough and then dump a whole bottle of Franks Extra Hot into it; IMO it then has the a nice amount of heat but still the great flavor.

Been nursing this one for a while. Torchbearer Sauces' The Rapture 2.0. Trinidad Morgua Scorpions, Bhut Jolokia, and Habanero. Packs a punch. And this particular bottle has made (other) grown men cry.

20131102_000419[1].jpg

yikes! That's gotta be some mean stuff. I have all the seperate sauces myself. Even an Indian bhut jalokia sauce that's really hot.

yikes! That's gotta be some mean stuff. I have all the seperate sauces myself. Even an Idian bhut jalokia sauce that's really hot.

According to the manufacturer, while they can't tell for sure because it's all natural, no capsaicin extract, and the variance in peppers, they estimate it at about 1 million Scoville, so yeah, it's pretty mean. About on par with eating a straight bhut jolokia.

http://www.formaggiokitchen.com/sho...ucts_id=2712&gclid=CKWNhYWMyboCFQGe4AodNUoAHw This stuff is also really good, at a much more reasonable heat level.

I have consumed plenty of the original Tabasco in my life, but I finally gave it up because it's got too much vinegar for my taste.

Hands down, my favorite has got to be La Costeña Salsa de Chili Chipotle. I use it in chicken nuggets, tacos, chili, onion rings, etc.

LaCostenaSalsadeChipotle145g.JPG

In second place is Poppamies Barbados. Poppamies (Medicine Man in Finnish) is owned by a friend and former coworker of mine.

_DSC7603.jpg

I prefer the stuff that I grow and ferment myself (surprise, surprise). It's different peppers every year and the fermentation adds a lot of complexity to the flavor. I usually end up with a sriracha thickness that I can in jars and can use at that thickness. I'll also use a jar and dilute with about 1/3-1/2 vinegar that I use as a shakable hot sauce.

Of the commercial hot sauces, I like most of them for their own unique qualities. I like variety.

Choulula and Sriracha. Good for everything you could ever eat.

Love Sriracha on popcorn, it is very addicting. You have been warned.

Back