Gabbf '13

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hatedheretic

Reaction score
so this was the first year that I was not working through the festival and capable of attending; and geez what a cluster-f**k that became the later it got.

I was at the Friday night session, and so is the Saturday afternoon one less packed? and without the average ********* that was there "to get wasted!" :rolleyes:

I was highly disappointed that the breweries themselves were not represented by actual employees (at least the ones from the Lower 48), because i would have loved to pick the brains of the Firestone Walker, Lauganitas and Green Flash guys...

I attended the "connoisseur" session and feel the same way, what a joke. I figured they would not pack the whole place but they did. Then they give you tickets and most of the brews I wanted to try were 3-4 tickets! WTF!!!!! Its not like we are paying for the brew, they are there representing and showing it off, I have been to the Great american beer fest and it was wayyy better. What a waste of money this was.

I have been to three, last year did the Saturday afternoon one. It did seem mellower. Agree with frustration that breweries don't man their booths. I think this industry is soon to see consolidation, when brewers aren't doing everything they can to promote their products and create bonds with customers.

I can see how it does cost a bit more then average to send someone up here along with lodging and other business trip costs, but I mean it's for one bloody weekend a year. It was more of a "distributers" beer fest, and advertising what they're going to carry......only not really; cause we still aren't getting new sh*t from Firestone, like where's my Wookie and Double Jack!!!!

Ya, I was pretty bummed that they had that in the program and when I asked for it the girl at the F/W booth acted like she had never even heard of it. I am pretty excited about the new event that Gabe Fletcher is going to put on.

damnnnnnnnn
yeah, that's got my attention for sure, and if it's just 300 people, **** $100 seems like a steal!

saw Anchorage Brewing got mentioned in that IPA book by Mitch Steele, thought that was pretty cool.

and if Three Floyds people might actually make an appearence, as a fan of the band eyehategod, i would love to try and convience them to bring my a bottle of their new IPA "in the name of the suffering".

you're right; EPIC is the word for this event.

well sh*t, i just saw their recent post on facialbook about 3floyds bringing that beer! jesus... thanks for turning me on to that, had no idea; but now i'm about to have stroke in anticipation..

No problem, I'm a big fan of gabe so when I heard about this I knew I had to get tickets. Good luck to you on getting yours, I'm sure they will go very fast.

word, i was able to get the green light from the old lady; now just gotta hope to score a ticket..

Latest posts

Back