Blichmann 10 gallon pot in kitchen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevedasleeve

Reaction score
Has anyone used a Blichmann 10 gallon kettle on an electric kitchen stove top across 2 burners? I am considering this... My current pot is fine but too small, just barely hold 7 gallons. I'd like to be able to boil 8 with some headroom.

I haven't done it with a Blichmann, but I have used a 10 gal pot across two electric burners for a boil. My friend does that all the time since that is the only source of heat for him to boil. Definitely not as fast as gas, but it does work fine. Just make sure you stir enough so nothing sticks to the bottom and burns, but really only a worry if you are using extract.

A 10 gallon pot is perfect for 5 gallon batches. But on a regular stove it will take forever to get a boil (I have no experience on electric though, just gas).

So an outdoor propane burner is not an option for you?

Well... I can say from experience (at least on my stove)... My 10gal Blichmann will work on one burner. Guess it depends on the size of the burner. Does take awhile, but I am stuck brewing in the kitchen... so I deal with it.

Back