Botteling the left over beer ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soccerbigt

Reaction score
After i transfer my beer into my keg and the force carb it, how do i bottle the leftovers and carb those? Using Sugar?? Sorry this is probably a very dumb question im just new to this.
Thanks in advance.

Hmmm,

I would ensure that your final volume is equal to the keg size so you don't have to worry about it, but there are a few options.

The best would probably be to buy some [ame="http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS299&q=muntons+carb+tabs&aq=f"]Muntons Carb tabs [/ame]and individually add them to the remaining bottles.

Ok thats what i want to do is not have any over.. So if i have to corny kegs how many Pre-Fab beer kits would i need to fill them? Like the coopers ones??
Thanks so much for the quick response.

How much do you have left over? If it's two quarts, you could bottle in a 2 L club soda bottle. Just fill to 1 1/2" from the top. Add 1 Tbls of cane sugar, plus just a bit more, then squeeze the bottle till the beer comes to the top and screw the cap on (this will eliminate the air and give the beer room to handle the pressure). Shake it up to dissolve the sugar and let it sit till it is hard as a rock.

Chill that puppy for a few days and you'll be good to go.

How much do you have left over? If it's two quarts, you could bottle in a 2 L club soda bottle. Just fill to 1 1/2" from the top. Add 1 Tbls of cane sugar, plus just a bit more, then squeeze the bottle till the beer comes to the top and screw the cap on (this will eliminate the air and give the beer room to handle the pressure). Shake it up to dissolve the sugar and let it sit till it is hard as a rock.

Chill that puppy for a few days and you'll be good to go.

If you get a "Carbonator Cap", you can use your CO2 bottle to force carb it the day you keg.

I do that, it lets me taste the product that night.

:drunk:

(You can use about any 2 liter soda bottle, but you have to wash out the soda smell. Oxyclean works good for that.)

Nice.. thanks for the replies guys.. I havnt brewed it yet i just wanted to mre prepared for when i do.. But im still curious as to how many of those coopers kits i should purchase to fill 2 corny kegs?
Thanks again guys

Nice.. thanks for the replies guys.. I havnt brewed it yet i just wanted to mre prepared for when i do.. But im still curious as to how many of those coopers kits i should purchase to fill 2 corny kegs?
Thanks again guys

If the kit is for 5 gallons, one kit per keg should do it.

A Coopers Kit makes 23 liters (over 6 gallons - 6.075957178566 USgallons to be precise) so 2 cornys = 10 gallons, right?
5 gallons = 18.927059 liters.
You will have a little over 2 gallons left over if you have two fermenters at the same time going. If you only have one Coopers fermenter (batch) going you will fill a Corny and have just over two 2 liter bottles left over. Consider you don't want to get the trub and yeast from the bottom. I would use the 740ml PET bottles they gave you (if you still have them) along with 2 carb drops/btl.

edit: of course, if you buy a 5 gallon kit (from your LHBS) it should make exactly what you want (5 gal) and you won't have any left over.

I started out with about 23 liters but ended up wasting quite a bit because I didn't wanted the sedement close to the bottom. I bottled all of my beer in pop bottles(it's my first go around) and plan to keg the next batch. I will be kegging the majority and bottling the last few liters just to make sure the beer in my keg is the best possible product.

When I bottled the first batch I put an x on the last few bottles so I knew which ones would probably have a bit of sediment in them.

To naturally carbonate the bottles I just added pure table sugar to them. The route I tried probably isn't the best but its working. I simply added 3/4 teaspoon to each 591ml pop bottle and 2 teaspoons to each 2L pop bottle. I bottled on new years eve and I have already built up quite a bit of carbonization.

Thanks for all your replies.. So i just want to make sure if i am force carbing then i wont need to add any sugar or anything after the fermentation stage is completed after about a week or so correct?
Thanks again for all the responses

Back