Beer in the fridge???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianTheBrewer

Reaction score
So at the end of this coming week our Wheat beer will now be in the bottles for 4 weeks. How long can it stay in the fridge before it starts to go bad? Im tempted to keep it in for a few weeks then try a few as I have heard it will taste better with time...

Your beer is probably bad by now. I will be happy to dispose of the bottles/beer for you. PM me to request shipping information to my house.

NoClueBrew said:
So at the end of this coming week our Wheat beer will now be in the bottles for 4 weeks. How long can it stay in the fridge before it starts to go bad? Im tempted to keep it in for a few weeks then try a few as I have heard it will taste better with time...

Has it been in the fridge the whole time? Or did you have it out of the fridge for a couple of weeks to carbonate, then put it in the fridge?

I think almost any beer will last 6 months or something, and some will taste much better with age - but generally you do the aging outside of the fridge (unless it's lager time).

If the beer's any good, it'll be drunk LONG before it goes "bad."

Remember, beer doesn't really go bad, per se, it's just gets a little... off. Hop flavor and bitterness drops out, they might get a bit of an oxidized character. Older wheat beers have kind of a weirdness to them (it seemed that my hefes get more and more banana-ey as time goes by). But, there's never a point at which the beer would make you sick if you drank it. It's not milk!

I drank a bottle of wheat beer that had gotten "lost" in the back of my fridge that was over a year old a couple of weeks ago. It was delish.

Back