Fresh Heady Topper for trade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopforce

Reaction score
Just bought some heady topper at the brewery on Monday August 5th. I'm interested in trading for some IPAs/DIPAs. I live in NJ. So I would like to trade for beers not available in north east. I would love to try some Three Floyd's or Surly. Make me an offer.

Hopforce said:
Just bought some heady topper at the brewery on Monday August 5th. I'm interested in trading for some IPAs/DIPAs. I live in NJ. So I would like to trade for beers not available in north east. I would love to try some Three Floyd's, bells hopslam or Surly. Make me an offer.

Just a heads up man. Hopslam is distributed once a year and is way past its prime at this point. I'd consider taking it off your list. It's probably a big syrupy mess by now! Where you at in NJ?

Oh true. I didn't even think of that. I'm open to suggestions. Just let me know what you would like to trade. I'm up in Sussex county.

Hopforce said:
Oh true. I didn't even think of that. I'm open to suggestions. Just let me know what you would like to trade. I'm up in Sussex county.

Nice! Yea I'm just offering up some advice, not looking for a trade. I'm in ocean county. Nice to see some other Jersey guys pulling some trades. Good luck

Hey, I live on the west coast and get pretty much anything from stone, including the enjoy by ipas which are outstanding and wootstout right now and their irs. Stuff from great divide, firestone walker, ballast point, ect ect ect. Let me know if there is anything else that you would be interested in. I want to get my hands on heady to hopefully culture some Conan from it. Thanks.

Got some three Floyd's. Two sixers of zombie dust and gumballhead. I am in Chicago once a month and can pick up anything from three Floyd's for anyone. I live in Saint Louis so I can also get schlafly. Never had heady and would like to try.

Just wondering. How is heady topper? It's #1 on brew gene, but I live in Cali and no one out here has had it, at least no one I know...

It's awesome! At least I think so. Ppl who love really hoppy beers always love it. Even ppl who don't like IPAs often like because its not too bitter. I live in NJ but I've been getting it when I go to VT for about 2 years now. When I started drinking it I was sometimes able to get it at a beer store on my way up Friday night. Now if the stores (only a couple can get it) get some they sell out in a couple hours. The brewery has been selling out by Friday afternoon even though there is a 2 case limit and they have like quadrupled their capacity.

I did a tasting side by side with Pliny the elder,Firestone double jack and green flash imperial and heady topper was the clear winner for me. For sure my favorite beer.

It has strong citrus/ grapefruit with a real dankness. Very pungent

Not trying to be "that" guy but I'd much rather have ghandi bot than heady. Don't get me wrong heady is good but way overhyped for what it is

ed5388 said:
Just a heads up man. Hopslam is distributed once a year and is way past its prime at this point. I'd consider taking it off your list. It's probably a big syrupy mess by now! Where you at in NJ?
I just had a Hopslam from my cellar a couple weeks ago. It was delicious! Not fresh. But still excellent.

That being said, I have more.. And Bell's The Oracle DIPA. I've never tried HT...

I just had a Hopslam from my cellar a couple weeks ago. It was delicious! Not fresh. But still excellent.

That being said, I have more.. And Bell's The Oracle DIPA. I've never tried HT...

Really? I got a couple almost one year old hopslams in a trade a while back. I tried one...it was awful...Then i did a side by side comparison with a fresh, about a two week old bottle, and it was a no brainer. The old hopslam was just awful. IMO.

Really? I got a couple almost one year old hopslams in a trade a while back. I tried one...it was awful...Then i did a side by side comparison with a fresh, about a two week old bottle, and it was a no brainer. The old hopslam was just awful. IMO.

How was it stored for that year though? Hopslam certainly is not one that is intended for long term aging, but done correctly, lots of people still rate year old Hopslam highly. Mine has no exposure to light, and typically about 60*, no higher than 65. If it was on a back shelf of a random shop for an extended time, who knows.

A colleague just had a couple recently, same conditions, and his were still very good.

No idea, but i would imagine cellared properly. Like i said, i got them in a trade so i really dont know how they were stored. Either way, it still wasnt very good.

I also dont know of very many people that would want year old hopslam, regardless of how it was stored, and also rate it very high. The taste was off to say the least.

Back