Beer names for Wedding brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SchmidtyBeer

Reaction score
My girlfriends best friend is getting married in October and they have requested that I brew beer as their wedding gift.....no problem! I have not put together exact recipes yet, I am going to brew a few and tweak them before I finalize. I know for sure it is going to be a sweet (milk) stout, brown ale (probably northern english), and an American wheat. The bride loves stouts, the groom is all about the brown ales, and the wheat will be for everyone else.

I want to have some fun creative names and having some brain farts......So lay them on us!

A buddy of mine who is a tattoo artist will be designing awesome labels to go along with the name...so the more creative and fun the name the better the label.

Cold Feet Wheat, Rejection Stout, Grueling Groom Brown, Bride Briber Stout, Half crown brown......just a few that have been thought of.

I know you didn't ask for style suggestions, but perhaps brew something like Blue Moon... It's definitely a popular and "accessible" beer for people who are used to BMC. Honeymoon Wheat.

Edit to add... oh... you had the same thought I did. :drunk:

Maybe also a pale ale for people who are put off by color or cloudiness in their beers. For some people, appearance is everything...

Oh... and about a milk stout... I am guessing you are planning on using lactose? Be very very careful who you serve that too... it could give some folks the runs... I'm not saying milk stouts aren't delicious, but you might want to consider the diversity of the audience on that one...

Are you going for tounge in cheek humor or romantic ideas?

Love is Sweet Stout (romantic)

Stout night out

Ale we need is love (romantic)

Ale's fair in love & marriage

Beaten Wheat

Tripped, Stumbled, Fell (fill in the blank)

Fooled Around and Fell in Love (You know Where...)

Third Time Lucky ...

Unveiled Wench Wheat

Bridedoom Brown

Catch as Catch Can Brown

Jailbreak....oh, how about Jailbait Brown???

Captured Live!!!

TV Dinner Again Stout

Who Wears The Pants Now *****, Brown

There's also been a lot of "Panty Removers" on the forum over the years...

I like the one you named: " 'The bride loves stouts, the groom is all about the brown ales, and the wheat will be for everyone else' Wheat". Kind of rolls off the tongue and really catchy...;) Could be a contest at the end of the night...try to say it 3 times fast...:D

Holy Matrimony Marzen

White Wedding Wheat

I Do Brew

Make an IPA and call it Hoppily ever After

or make a Honeymoon Cream Ale :eek:

or how about a *****whipped Wit :rockin:

Till Death Do Us Part Pilsner

For Better or Worse Weizen

Cherish Cherry Wheat

For Richer or Poorer Porter

Are you going for tounge in cheek humor or romantic ideas?

Love is Sweet Stout (romantic)

Stout night out

Ale we need is love (romantic)

Ale's fair in love & marriage

Beaten Wheat

The lady wants to do romantic names, but I am more about the tongue and cheek/fun names....so we are open to all kinds!

claytonshorsecollar.png

Here's one I did for a friend.

I just got married in July and I did a Happily Ever After hefeweizen in 12 Oz party favors. The name and beer went over well

For my wedding last month I went simple...

White Gown (Honey Wit)
Black Tux (Sweet & Spicy Stout)
Hoppily Ever After (IPA)

Springboarding off some other ideas here:

For Richer or For Porter
Wit Wedding

+1 to "Hoppily Ever After" above!

I am making a beer for a wedding next year and I was going to name it Wedding bliss Wit.

Ball-n-chain brown
Home wrecker wheat
I like the white wedding wheat too,nice day for a...
Surrender stout (cheap trick rooles!)
Of course,that night,it's the ol' Rebel Yell wheat...

All good suggestions, but at this point, maybe some suggestions for their upcoming 2nd Anniversary would be more in line with the original post...

KurtB said:
All good suggestions, but at this point, maybe some suggestions for their upcoming 2nd Anniversary would be more in line with the original post...

Awesome guess that's what I get for nit reading the whole thread

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

I'm going to try to high jack this post now...

I'm doing something similar for my own wedding. Planning on having favors be a bottle of wee heavy... no idea for a name.

Any help?

I'm not Scottish so I'm relying solely on Google for this, but I see that there was some medieval Scottish tradition about announcing a marriage and it was called the "Banns of Marriage." maybe something along those lines?

I'm going to try to high jack this post now...

I'm doing something similar for my own wedding. Planning on having favors be a bottle of wee heavy... no idea for a name.

Any help?

If your in laws are anything like mine, you might want to call that one the 'Mother in Law Ale'

Looks like this thread is approaching a year since the last post...

I'm trying to brainstorm idea's for my wedding amber....

So far I'm struggling in the creativity department.

Pulling from this post and others....

Veil Ale
Altar-Ale

Any suggestions....??

I just had our wedding on July 7th and I brewed all the beer. I had a cream style ale (cream ale/kolsch) and an IPA. The beers were named after our two dogs, Tiny Dinosaur India Pale Ale and Boomerino Cream Ale, our one dog sounded like a screeching dinosaur when she was a puppy and the other dog's name is boomer and is the most mellow dog ever.

But to the point name them after something special for you and your soon to be wife it is much more memorable and special for you two.

It would have been awesome to be able to do all the beer for our wedding, well be having BL.

I'm giving my beer to my groomsmen as part of their gift.

Why not go with something different easy and creative? Like a vanilla caramel cream ale. Mellow, pleasing to the palate, and memorable.

You can use my brewery name free of charge since everything else is gone thanks to marriage.

Liquid Nuptials!

Liquid Nuptials.jpg

My fiance and I just finished brewing the last two batches for our wedding favor brews.

Kitchen Sink Wheat - first beer we did together. Lemon Ginger Wheat
Ring Finger Milk Stout - a play on Left Hand's Milk Stout
Highway 1 Rye IPA - We had a trip from Vancouver to Seattle. then drove from Fort Bragg stopping in Santa Rosa (mmm. Russian River) then to San Francisco. I Proposed on the cliffs in Mendocino, CA. We drove down on Highway 1. Plus it's all West coast hops. thought fitting.

mind expanding on that thought a bit? maybe a link to a recipe?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f78/vanilla-caramel-cream-ale-23680/

this recipe is slightly vague as to when to add the lactose and vanilla. we added the lactose at secondary with only 2 oz of vanilla, not 4. note: for us, we noticed that too long in the bottles made the vanilla fade. so it was best to finish it in bottle within 3 months of bottling. or you can try adding the whole 4oz at secondary. we didn't want it to be "girly" (my boyfriend was concerned since he likes hoppy beers). this was a good beer whether bottled or kegged. never tried using vanilla beans because the expense and the extra work. be sure to use a vanilla extract that has no preservatives. tends to cost a few dollars more but has a cleaner taste. it made for a nice wintery dessert beer for me, while my boyfriend had a dark chocolate stout for him. all of our friends and family loved it! good luck!
hopmomma

Latest posts

Back