the basis of all lables from hence forth

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nwcw2001

Reaction score
this is the brewery logo. A buddy of mine drew it and 4 other lables. When my graphic designer is done with them all I will upload them. The brewery name is "Cripple Creek Brewery" Feel free to lemme know whatcha think!

beer1.jpg

John

"A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one"

That's one great looking label. Tell your buddy he did an incredible job.

homebrewer_99 said:
I was thinking of The Band also...

Unfortunately, I fell like I need to inform you that that name was taken way back in the '60s'. :eek: ...as in Cripple Creek, CO.

That is the beauty of copyright law, you can't claim copyright on a name of a town, or other geographic entity.

The only thing I worry about is the soda company called Cripple Creek Brewing in Chicago. We will see, I have a friend who's sister is a copyright lawyer.

Thanks for the input. I will post the other 4 label art tomorrow.

wow, i could get lost in that drawing. definitely makes me want to consider getting lost in one of your bottles!

Nwcw2001 said:
That is the beauty of copyright law, you can't claim copyright on a name of a town, or other geographic entity.

The only thing I worry about is the soda company called Cripple Creek Brewing in Chicago. We will see, I have a friend who's sister is a copyright lawyer.

Thanks for the input. I will post the other 4 label art tomorrow.

That's NOT RUE!!! One company has. Tell their lawyers they can't copyright a town/region: BUDWEISER!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

The town of Ceske Budejovice in the Czech Republic (I've been there on several overnight trips) translates into German as "Budweis". According to Bud's lawyers they can't sell Budvar, the local beer, as "Budvar" because it is too close to "Bud". They had to rename it "Czechvar" for sale in the US.

The suffix, -er, refers to anyone or anything (masculine) from that region. So, a budweiser is from the town of Budweis.

homebrewer_99 said:
The suffix, -er, refers to anyone or anything (masculine) from that region. So, a budweiser is from the town of Budweis.

Ladies and gentlemen, here we have an example of irony. Budwiser=masculine!

hahaha:cross:

Nwcw2001 said:
Ladies and gentlemen, here we have an example of irony. Budwiser=masculine! hahaha:cross:
I'm usually quick witted, but I don't understand your "irony" remark.

Naturally, the "er" is a form of grammar. German to be specific.

The "der", "die" and "das" represent the masculine, feminine and neuter genders.

It goes without saying, but I guess I will anyway, that, yes, even a male from Frankfurt can be called a Frankfurter while a female from the same town is technically a Frankfurterine.

Much in the same way as you calling yourself a "Washingtonian".

alrighty everyone here are the other four labels. I am really love all the art work of my friend.

Lemme know what you think.

This the Belgian Dubbel
1909_001.jpg

This is the Trippel

1910_001.jpg

This is the Wit

1913_001.jpg

And this is for the Quad
1914_001.jpg

Thank you so much,

It is nice to hear from people that don't know me! Cuz that way they are brutlely honest.

Thanks for the input guys,

John

Those are absolutely fantastic.

I don't know why I never thought to pester my artist friend to design a label for me. Now maybe I'll have to.

I am using everyone! I pay him $50 a label and then the graphic artist at work, does up the label part with the warnings and everything and then for $.09 a sheet I print them out on the phaser printer at work! I figure if my poor ass ever wants to open a Brewery/pizzeria then I need to call in any favors I may have!

john:mug:

gonzoflick said:
Those are fantastic... cant wait to see the colors...

We are keeping them b&W. The color is going to be the surrounding label, we are going with a crimson type red with black lettering and grey shadows.

ok I just took a couple of pictures of the Dubbel Label if it doesn't turn out too good I will have swmbo scan them at her work tomorrow.

so here they are:

DSCF0056.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

By the way I would love to congradulate all of our HBT members that did so well in the label contest for BYO!

GREAT JOB GUYS!

John

DeathBrewer said:
wow...those look really classy. very professional. can i have a bottle? ;)

Yeah. I have to get the quad done up, because that is all I have left from my last monster brew of all 4 beers. :drunk:

John

Back