Question iPhone Software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seeves1982

Reaction score
I saw the brew pal software, but was reluctant because you're never sure which programs in the apps store are good and which ones are crap. I was really wanting to get promash software, but I brew at my friends house and I really like the idea of having something on hand. Then I thought iPhone. So I guess my question is what is the best iPhone Brew Software and how does it compare to pro mash or beer smith? What is the best software period. I know this is a loaded question for opinions, but I think you know what I mean will it give me everything I need to know for AG Brewing mash water temps and such?

Thanks,
Mike

I have Brewpal and Beersmith, I like both. If you are just looking for mash temps, download spargepal, it is free and helpful for brew day. Brewpal is the best .99 cents you will ever spend in my opinion. It is a cool little application and Dave is continuing to update and develop it. My only critique so far is that it needs more grain and hop options. Beersmith has most grains and hops and is much more involved with calendars, step mashes, equipment tweaks. Beersmith has a free trial period, download it and check it out. I downloaded Promash as well and went with Beersmith. I liked it better. If Brewpal increases its ingredient list, I would use it exclusively.

Back