Paint shop pro help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am trying to manipulate an image, but I am clueless on how to do it. I'm not even sure it can be done easily--just checking here to see if anyone is familiar with the program.

I want to take a regular square/rectangle image and make it an oval shape without sacrificing the integrity of the image too much.

I want it to go from this:

keg2.jpg

To something like this, with only the "contents" inside the oval showing.

kegpic.jpg

Can anyone assist? :)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/orrelse/keg2.jpg

i use gimp, but....

draw a selection oval around the portion you want.
edit->copy

now, open a NEW document. (file->new)
edit->paste

Gimp automagically sets the default size of a new image to the same size as the clipboard (the thing you copied) when you create a new deocument, but I am not sure about photoshop. You might have to adjust the dimensions of the new document so that it is big enough for the oval to be pasted in.

-walker

No need to post your efforts guys....that is actually the PG-13 image. :rockin:
The R rated version is the one I'm working on. :mug:

Thanks for the tips though--I'm slowly getting there. Now I'm goofing with layers. Damn layers suck. I'm a monkey doing a math problem over here. Ugh.

Dude said:
No need to post your efforts guys....that is actually the PG-13 image. :rockin:
The R rated version is the one I'm working on. :mug:

Thanks for the tips though--I'm slowly getting there. Now I'm goofing with layers. Damn layers suck. I'm a monkey doing a math problem over here. Ugh.

Rock on, i was hoping that was the case. PSP can be cool when you get it to do what you want, and a huge PITA when you can't. Good Luck! Would love to see the results.

Ize

Dude said:
Thanks for the tips though--I'm slowly getting there. Now I'm goofing with layers. Damn layers suck.

Once you get the hang of layers, you will find them to be one of the most useful things in the world.

My early submission of the 6.6.6 label used something like 9 layers to get various subtle effects (letters going in both infront of and behind another item, smoke floating in front of something, pentagram in the background, etc)

-walker

Back