Gunnison CO Breweries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodeebryan

Reaction score
Headed to Gunnison/Crested Butte in the Morning! Any Breweries I should drop in on and grab a pint?

I will 2nd the Gunnison brewery. I haven't been there in a few years, but had a great time there on multiple occasions.

Dropped in the Gunnison Brewery! Great experience. The brewer was there Got to listen in on him discussing future brews and fixing one on the tap that day. Pretty fun! And good beer!
On another note... I bought a growler and took it back to the cabin. My question is: can I fill this growler on my next bottling day? It's a screw top. The top has a good gasket in it. I don't really want to waste 64 oz of beer? Anyone ever done this

image-1942934673.jpg

I used to live in Gunnison. Helped brew a batch or two at the Crested Butte Brewery and bought my first brewing supplies at the Room with A Brew home brew shop there in CB. Is the brewery still there? I wonder about the shop too, but it was off on a side street.

Great place.

Dropped in the Gunnison Brewery! Great experience. The brewer was there Got to listen in on him discussing future brews and fixing one on the tap that day. Pretty fun! And good beer!
On another note... I bought a growler and took it back to the cabin. My question is: can I fill this growler on my next bottling day? It's a screw top. The top has a good gasket in it. I don't really want to waste 64 oz of beer? Anyone ever done this

View attachment 76394

Good question, because I have a very similiar growler from Rock Bottom brewery in CO Springs a couple years ago.

gotsumbeers said:
I used to live in Gunnison. Helped brew a batch or two at the Crested Butte Brewery and bought my first brewing supplies at the Room with A Brew home brew shop there in CB. Is the brewery still there? I wonder about the shop too, but it was off on a side street.

Great place.

Brewery still there an seemed very popular. Didn't see the shop. But want really looking either?

Back