What to drink in Portland OR?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukerutledge

Reaction score
I know this topic has probably been covered a million times here, but things change.

I'm headed to Portland OR next weekend for a quick visit, Thursday-Monday. What are the must drink beers/locations in Portland OR. Who is making waves, who has the best brew tour, what should I do to indulge my beer geekness in Beervania?

I'd definitely hit Hair of the Dog. My favorite beer since I've been here (currently visiting for 6 weeks - in week 5). I also thought Alameda Brewing and Laurelwood were good places to grab a bite and a sampler platter. Upright is making some interesting saisons and belgian-style beers in a little basement that's cool to visit. Horse Brass is the iconic bar and worth checking out. I'm sure others will chime in, but so far those have been my favorites!

+1 for Hair of the Dog.

Also the Cascade Brewing Barrel House if you like sour type beers. I also like the Deschutes Brewery pub for dinner and beer.

McMenamins locations are pretty cool, and there beers are pretty good. Their Terminator Stout is great.

Kennedy School is my favorite --an old elementary school that they've converted. It has a theater that you can sit on sofas and eat pizza and drink beer while watching the movie. Multiple bars. It's like school should be.

There are other ones that have theaters or are in cool buildings as well (Cornelius Pass Roadhouse is an old barn). And then there are lots that are just in strip malls, but still have the beer. Depends on where you'll be in p-town, but if you're near one it's worth having a beer at.

Back