Congrats Bobby, brewer of the week!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good read, thanks for the link!

Congrats, Bobby! I like articles where the interviewee shares enough so that we see insight into their process/thoughts, etc. Nice job.

Besides the honor of being selected Home Brewer of the Week, Bobby was elected President of his brew club, "The WHALES" tonite. Congrats on both counts Bobby.

Here's the real scoop on this. I had no frickin idea I was writing for AHA brewer of the week. My buddy Frank totally scammed me and told me he needed some sample interview material for a radio show he was pitching. It turned out he submitted me to AHA like two months ago and he was scrambling to collect the write-up when they told him I would be selected. In any case, I totally fell for it and wrote that stuff without thinking it would be published anywhere.

Nice bobby! Nice plug for our favorite forum ("Is there any advice you would like to give to new homebrewers? ...[snip]...Get on the internet and cruise the forums like Homebrewtalk.com...")

Not to mention the shameless plug for sightglasses. Does anyone know where I could purchase one of those? Oh...wait...I see. ;)

Congrats, Bobby!

Congrats Bobby! you keep this up and I will be adding you to my "homebrewer hero list"

Nice to hear your friend gaffled you into this honor!

Not to mention the shameless plug for sightglasses. Does anyone know where I could purchase one of those? Oh...wait...I see. ;)

Congrats, Bobby!

Well since I had no idea the text was going anywhere, it really wasn't a shameless plug. If it were, I'd do a better job by including the URL. I've had sight glasses on my rig years before the idea of selling them was conceived.

Congrats Bobby nice interview. I feel like I know a celebrity ...for a week at least.

Nice, Congrats Bobby! I have read and followed many of your posts / FAQs and they have all been very helpful to get me started brewing. :mug:

I just saw Bobby on the AHA website, still up! I guess you are so worthy they made you more like Homebrewer of the month(s)!

Congrats and thanks for all you have done for the community, your posts are always insightful.

Have a beer, sounds like you need to drink more, Cheers!

I think maybe I got lucky to be published during the holiday week. No one was probably around to pick the next guy yet.

I had my third child in 2010 so I think it curbed my drinking quite a bit. It's really hard to help take care of a newborn on 4 pints. Then again, I'm a 2-pint a night type of guy anyway because I never wanted to ruin my place in this hobby by developing a habit.

Congrats Bobby! I was doing research for the BJCP exam class, that I'm taking. After that I went to the draft web sight. Then I went to the AHA web sight and saw your write up. What great things you have done for so many people, you don't even know! Also to only have been a homebrewer for 4-5 years and went so for with this hobby. You have been such a inspiration in this hobby for myself and so many others. I stumbled onto homebrewtalk 3 or so years ago. Spent hundreds of hours trolling the sight learning. So many people ask how I got my brew kettle so shinny and always reference it to you. Your write ups, video and pics. have helped so many in our hobby!!! Thanks again, and congratulations on both the brewer of the wk. or mth. and the president position! Matthew

Was just poking around on the AHA site and said, "hey, that's frickin Bobby!" Good article and well spoken. Great job, amigo.

The only thing that's missing from the article is a picture of your shiny kegs. The shiniest kegs in the land!

:mug:

Back