1st time RB question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisrush

Reaction score
My wife and I made some RB last night for a party in Sept. Followed the directions on the box regarding the amount of sugar, water and extract. Added some champagne yeast and bottled into glass bottles and 1 plastic bottle (to test for carbonation). I have the bottles in our laundry room which is normally around 80F. I am leaving for the week today and I won't return till next Friday. My wife will be here on Sun till I return. Will the glass bottles be good till I return or will they explode? I have space in my cooler to store them but I'm afraid of halting the carbonation process. What if I turn my cooler up to say 55F and put the bottles in there today. Will they be ready by the 18th?

Many thanks.

Chris

Just a thought on my part, but wouldn't 55F be too low a temp for a champagne yeast?
I can't remember right off hand the temp range.

Good point. I used 55F as an example. I was hoping to hit the low end of the range so that I could still carbonate but not get bottle bombs. I could easily do 75 as well and have my wife turn down the cooler to 40 once the plastic bottle is hard.

Latest posts

Back