Favorite Movie Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICLARK

Reaction score
Well in the spirit of the favorite song thread, and the bad movie's thread. I figured we could do a favorite movie thread. List one or your top few.

mine is

1)Braveheart
2)The Godfather
3)Unforgiven

In no specific order;

Goodfellas
Swingers
Christmas Vacation
Caddyshack
American Psycho
Dumb & Dumber
Dazed & Confused

There are more that I'm forgetting...

1. A Christmas Story
2. Pride and Prejudice
3. Batman (you gotta love Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson!)

In no specific order;

Goodfellas
Swingers
Christmas Vacation
Caddyshack
American Psycho
Dumb & Dumber
Dazed & Confused

There are more that I'm forgetting...

That's my exact list except I'd remove Caddyshack and Dazed. I'd probably add Groundhog's Day, Oceans 11, Rockstar and Napoleon Dynamite.

One movie that really made me sit back and say 'holy $hit' the first time I saw it was The Usual Suspects. I haven't had time for a lot of movie watching in the past few years, but that one sticks out immediately.

One movie that really made me sit back and say 'holy $hit' the first time I saw it was The Usual Suspects. I haven't had time for a lot of movie watching in the past few years, but that one sticks out immediately.

+1 That was a great movie, Kevin Spacey is an excellent actor.

Sifl and Ollie! Great avatar. I just posted Llama School off youtube a couple of days ago.
Fake Blood rocks, too.

Sifl and Ollie! Great avatar. I just posted Llama School off youtube a couple of days ago.
Fake Blood rocks, too.

I know, I saw it! Thanks! That's what made me think of them and I had to go listen to Prostitute Laundry! :rockin:

Legend of Bagger Vance - For general story line
Oh Brother where art thou' - Best comedy ever
Kundun - Cinematic Excellence
Meet Joe Black - Excellent story, Excellent acting
Ideal Husband - Just cause Minnie Driver is HOT in a bustier (sp)!

In no particular order...

The Goonies
Christmas Vacation
Friday
American Graffiti
DaVinci Code
Lord of the Rings

man I could sit here all day...

I'm really into movies in general but I have a collection of about 70 DVDs of which I consider about half my favorites. Some people buy into a 1000+ disc collection and never watch 98% of it. I'm the exact opposite, I watch almost all of my collection in a semi regular cycle.

For shame, I have about 35 Blurays to buy when they all become available.

#1 Braveheart
#2 The Godfather
#3 The Hunt for Red October
#4 The Abyss (The first time I saw this I was getting ready to go to bed and flipped across the channel real quick, 4 hours later I went to bed. amazing movie.

"I've been smellin' your **** for 25yrs and you can't stand mine for 5 minutes!" :D

That movie is SOOO quotable! SWMBO has only seen it once but we still quote it all the time.

This, just like music, is really too hard. But some favs:

2001: A Space Odyssey (but only on the big screen!)
The Big Lebowski (can't beleive I'm the first to say it!!)
Blazing Saddles
Apocalypse Now

In no particular order...

The Goonies
Christmas Vacation
Friday
American Graffiti
DaVinci Code
Lord of the Rings

man I could sit here all day...

The movie version? Really? I loved the book but the movie really let me down with the amount of details left out. The rest of the list is great though. I just watched The Goonies again the other day for the first time in a couple of years. :mug:

Lord of the Rings
Brave Heart
Die Hard (yippie key ya muth***)
The Great Escape
The Green Berets
The 5th Element

I am a big fan of the Die Hard and Lethal Weapon movies. One of my absolute favorites movies though, has to be The Last Boy Scout.

I'm really into movies in general but I have a collection of about 70 DVDs of which I consider about half my favorites. Some people buy into a 1000+ disc collection and never watch 98% of it. I'm the exact opposite, I watch almost all of my collection in a semi regular cycle.

:mug: About 100, but I still watch them all. Go through different phases and am watching alot of the older ones lately.

in no order whatsoever:

the third die hard movie
fight club
the first futurama movie
its a mad mad mad world
caddyshack
happy gilmore
office space
james bond - the living daylights
man on fire
munich
trainspotting

probably another 10 I cant remember right now.

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned; my all time fave:

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Tuco is my favorite movie character all time.

Snatch
Blues Brothers
Blazing Saddles
Escape from New York (its just cool)
Friday
Boyz N tha Hood
Just to name a few.

SD

I never send food back after that movie. :D

I have never sent food back after having worked in a restaurant. The movie just emphasized the point. :D

Excellent choice! I'd add Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels because those movies each make me think of the other one. I'm never satisfied until I've watched both.

In no particular order (I tend to lean towards the Classics)

Casablanca
The Quiet Man
To Have and Have Not
The African Queen
Key Largo
The Replacements (Guilty Pleasure- Great Football Buddy Flick despite Keenau Reeves)

These are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

Back